Seite 2 von 2 ErsteErste 12
Ergebnis 16 bis 30 von 30

Thema: RotD update

Evertonian Avatar von McMonkey
    In hindsight Germany should have sent troops to Spain, but as our strategy was to let the Russians send as much as their army there and then hit the USSR with an early Barbarossa this was not done. In the next game the German player may well fully support the Nationalists and this will need to be factored in!

VfB ein Leben lang! Avatar von Historical Atze
    And if this happens you have to make sure that the Allies cannot punish you by blocking the Axis trade. If I had had the ability to trade better, I would have put up a much tougher fight.
    V f B  e i n  L e b e n  l a n g

"Kein Mensch hat seinen Freunden so viel Gutes erwiesen und seinen Feinden so viel Böses angetan, dass ich, Sulla, ihn nicht noch übertroffen hätte."
    Lucius Cornelius Sulla (138-78 v.Chr.) Dictator von Rom

"Sonst ein gar stiller Mann, doch wenn er angreift, wie der böse Teufel..."
    über König Rudolf I. von Habsburg aus Grillparzer - König Ottokars Glück und Ende

Zitat Zitat von simsahas Beitrag anzeigen
    nich wundern, bin nich analphabed geworden....mein hardes "d" auf der dasdadur isd kapudd :donk: :donk: Meine freundin had das nudella-messe auf die dasdadur fallen lassen :donk: :donk:

I have made Swedish and Swiss cities much more profitable to trade with. Not as rewarding as New York but much quicker and easier to get to. This should help quite a bit!

VfB ein Leben lang! Avatar von Historical Atze
    V f B  e i n  L e b e n  l a n g

"Kein Mensch hat seinen Freunden so viel Gutes erwiesen und seinen Feinden so viel Böses angetan, dass ich, Sulla, ihn nicht noch übertroffen hätte."
    Lucius Cornelius Sulla (138-78 v.Chr.) Dictator von Rom

"Sonst ein gar stiller Mann, doch wenn er angreift, wie der böse Teufel..."
    über König Rudolf I. von Habsburg aus Grillparzer - König Ottokars Glück und Ende

Zitat Zitat von simsahas Beitrag anzeigen
    nich wundern, bin nich analphabed geworden....mein hardes "d" auf der dasdadur isd kapudd :donk: :donk: Meine freundin had das nudella-messe auf die dasdadur fallen lassen :donk: :donk:

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von Alcibaides
    Good input from Jerec.

I was not saying necesarily to allow the building of AA defences in cities from the start, just that if you make this city improvement only buildable upon the discovery of a certain tech in the next version, you should bear in mind that this will make it even harder for the Republicans to survive the first few turns, and should therefore find a counter-balance.

There are a couple of other unknown factors that should be factored in to getting the right balance awell:

1) Partizans: You had intended to give these just to the Russians, but accidentaly you gave them to everyone except the Russians. Note that the only reason that Russia has got any partizans in this game is because at the end of each of my turns I am using the Cheat menu to take away the "No Russian" tech as we agreed upon in a PM.

This game flaw was only discovered after the SCW was over so it is unknown how the SCW might change if just the Russians / Republicans get partizans. My guess is that, unless you improve the stats of the partizans significantly, it will make little difference because:

a) The partizans are crappy at defence

and

b) The partizans cannot attack, and even if they could, their stats indicate that they would be crappy at attack.

Currently the partizans are only useful for occupying empty cities, stacking under other units to give the illusion of a powerful army, or as city fillers to exhaust the number of attacks that an enemy can throw against a city in 1 turn.

2) The Role of Germany in the game: As McMonkey mentioned, the Germans did not participate in this game and their assistance to the Nationalists might really throw things off balance. Having said that, the French did not participate either (after originally commiting to send assistance, Takimisikari subsequently ignored all my PMs and sent nothing).

I think you want to balance the SCW so that if all the Allies participate and all the Axis participate, it will be about even (sort of like a war within a war, or a prelude to WW2). In the real world the Nationalists won with the help of both Germany and Italy, but what would have happened if the Allies had assisted the Republicans??

Noted

I really screwed up the Partisans in this version. The reason I gave them the sub flag originally was to make them harder to find, I forgot this would prevent them from attacking land units! In the next one Russia will get a larger share after city captures and Partisans will be able to attack. I don't intend them to be as powerful as a conventional unit. They may need to spend a fair bit of time hiding up mountains or in swamps, but when they are needed they can block roads, take out weak units like artillery which are travelling to the front or assist regular units in city defence. I may improve their stats a bit.

I have been completely revising the tech tree. There are now only about 52 techs. As most of the units need to appear in the first part of the game it seems pointless having a long tree. This shortening has allowed me to make the tree more logical (especially some of the tech names!). I will also fix some of the tech slot special ability bugs (Trade, Double Irrigating, Nuclear Power).

Das Spice muss fließen!!! Avatar von Barthi
    Mc bitte alle Städte in der Landessprache

Barthi
    Fragen/Download = PN an mich:

Civ 2 unter Vista/Win 7 Spielen

Meine Civ2 Szen's:

Star Trek Galaxy, Sezessionskrieg, Star Wars: Rise and Fall*

Meine Mods:

HoI2DD, EU3, Empire at War FoC#, North & South Pirates, Port Royale 2,

Meine Maps:

Civ5, Civ3, Patrizier 2, Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne, Railroad Tycoon 3, Strategic War Command,

*in Arbeit, # auf Eis gelegt

I want to keep a consistency with the city names and therefore they will all be Anglicized!

Das Spice muss fließen!!! Avatar von Barthi
    something german cities in german and russia cities in english?? please all in region names or contry name

Nürnberg = german
    Düsseldorf = german
    Munich = english = in german = München
    Cologne = english = in german = Köln

Barthi

P.S. I can make this
    Geändert von Barthi (02. Februar 2010 um 18:27 Uhr)
    Fragen/Download = PN an mich:

Civ 2 unter Vista/Win 7 Spielen

Meine Civ2 Szen's:

Star Trek Galaxy, Sezessionskrieg, Star Wars: Rise and Fall*

Meine Mods:

HoI2DD, EU3, Empire at War FoC#, North & South Pirates, Port Royale 2,

Meine Maps:

Civ5, Civ3, Patrizier 2, Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne, Railroad Tycoon 3, Strategic War Command,

*in Arbeit, # auf Eis gelegt

the elf Avatar von Gelion
    I could help with the Russian cities if need be.
    Do not forget to take the Civ 2 PBEM survey!

Just checked my map and the anglicized spelling is also Düsseldorf. I will change Nürnberg to Nüremberg. I can't remember if I have put Vienna or Wien but I will make it Vienna.

I can't be bothered having cities in multiple languages. We all know what they are, and what happens if they swap hands. I'll never pease everyone so I'm not even going to try

Registrierter Benutzer
    Any news on this one?
    Not that there's a shortage of games, but I´m interested in this one.
    I call France if another game gets going!

I still have a little bit of work to do to get this one finished. I will finish it at some point but at the moment I can't summon up any energy for Civ2 past playing the turns here. I find I have periods like this and other times when I am full of energy and ideas. I figure that as its just a hobby I'm best to leave it until I'm in the right mood and then enjoy doing the work. I also have less time to work on Civ2 projects these days as I can't take a USB into work (the IT department had a crack down a few months back). This sucks as I used to do a lot of the tedious work when it was quiet in the evenings or on weekends.

Hopefully I will get this finished before Christmas but I make no promises

Registrierter Benutzer
    Heh, bloody IT people!

Not that I am trying to pressure you, I don't have time to play all my turns at all and I have fallen behind in school. Never thought I would end up studying so much mathematics. I actually failed the elementary school final mathemtical exam, but I have been steadily getting better since, but still it's not enough for something as difficult as mathematical analysis.

Seite 2 von 2 ErsteErste 12