Seite 5 von 60 ErsteErste 1234567891555 ... LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 61 bis 75 von 896

Thema: Aeterna Civitas - Spiel 2

Evertonian Avatar von McMonkey

MACEDONIAN EMPIRE

Macedonia naturally claims Olympia and Sparta as part of the Macedonian sphere. We also claim the island of Corcyra. Our eastern and northern borders will be the cities of Philippopolis, Serdi, Naissus (birthplace of the god Dionysus) and Scodra with its holy sanctuary. We realize this may cause friction with the Celtic, Illyrian and Thracian tribes of the Balkans and are willing to enter into discussions to come to an agreement on territory that we can all live with!

VfB ein Leben lang! Avatar von Historical Atze
    Several cities conquered.
    McMonkey ... our agreement didn't include intrusions in the other's sphere of interest but I consider the purchase of Latin mercenaries in Italy as a heavily unfriendly act!
    Angehängte Dateien Angehängte Dateien
    V f B  e i n  L e b e n  l a n g

"Kein Mensch hat seinen Freunden so viel Gutes erwiesen und seinen Feinden so viel Böses angetan, dass ich, Sulla, ihn nicht noch übertroffen hätte."
    Lucius Cornelius Sulla (138-78 v.Chr.) Dictator von Rom

"Sonst ein gar stiller Mann, doch wenn er angreift, wie der böse Teufel..."
    über König Rudolf I. von Habsburg aus Grillparzer - König Ottokars Glück und Ende

Zitat Zitat von simsahas Beitrag anzeigen
    nich wundern, bin nich analphabed geworden....mein hardes "d" auf der dasdadur isd kapudd :donk: :donk: Meine freundin had das nudella-messe auf die dasdadur fallen lassen :donk: :donk:

Karlheinz Avatar von Karlheinz

@Rome
    Many apologies. I just fancied some Samnite Infantry for my army. I did not think my actions through properly. I will remove them from the peninsula immediately and not trespass there again.

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von Alcibaides
    Captured the cities of Darek (Iberia) and Saldae (North Africa)

Lost 2 units in the conquest of Saldae.

1 rich village plundered, 1 pirate trireme sunk.

The Carthaginian Federation is the protectorate of the Balaeric and Maltese Islands, any attack on either Melite or Baleares would provoke war with the entire Federation.

The Carthaginian Federation also requests that other nations stay out of the Iberian Peninsula.

Handeln & Verhandeln Avatar von Civilionaut
    drei Städte befreit

Europäer Avatar von Radyserb
    serbska stolica Budyšin a němska stolica Berlin
    1 rich village plundered

Veteran Avatar von Cobra
    6 rich villages plundered
    Geändert von Cobra (11. Juni 2011 um 14:57 Uhr)
    Wenn du tot bist, dann weißt du nicht, dass du tot bist, es ist nur schwer für die anderen. Genau so ist es, wenn du blöd bist.

MACEDONIAN EMPIRE

The Samnite mercenaries have been removed from the North, my recruiters have been given strict instructions not to encroach on Roman territory again. Beat the Germanic's Skythian Archers to a rich village in the east with my Skythian Horsemen

Just checking, we are playing with the events file with the fixed Generals co-ordinates right?

Oh, and if you are interested Atze there is a list of historical city names for Roman colonies in the read me. Here is the list for Italy:

ITALY
    -----
    BRUNII = TRIDENTUM
    BRENTESION = BRUNDISIUM
    CARNI = AQUILEIA
    CENOMANI = VERONA
    ETURIA = PERUSIA
    FELSINA = BONONIA
    INSUBRES = MEDIOLANUM
    INTIMILII = ANTIPOLIS
    LIGURII = PLACENTIA
    LILYBAEUM = MARSALA
    PADANA = ARIMINUM
    PAELIGNI = CORFINIUM
    PELASGI = PISAE
    PENTRI = BOVIANTUM
    POSIDONIA = PAESTUM
    RHEGION = RHEGIUM
    TARAS = TARENTUM
    TAURINI = TAURINORUM
    TYRRHENII = RAVENNA
    UMBRI = SPOLETIUM
    VAGIENNI = GENUA
    ZANCLE = MESSANA

Renaming these cities will not effect the events file. Just thought it would make the game a bit more historically accurate, if your into that sort of thing

VfB ein Leben lang! Avatar von Historical Atze
    Thanks Mc, will do that later when I crushed the Macedon ... err, I mean the Celts in Italy .
    One question: What are these Legion Standarts for? They are no diplomats cannot fight nor conquer ...
    V f B  e i n  L e b e n  l a n g

"Kein Mensch hat seinen Freunden so viel Gutes erwiesen und seinen Feinden so viel Böses angetan, dass ich, Sulla, ihn nicht noch übertroffen hätte."
    Lucius Cornelius Sulla (138-78 v.Chr.) Dictator von Rom

"Sonst ein gar stiller Mann, doch wenn er angreift, wie der böse Teufel..."
    über König Rudolf I. von Habsburg aus Grillparzer - König Ottokars Glück und Ende

Zitat Zitat von simsahas Beitrag anzeigen
    nich wundern, bin nich analphabed geworden....mein hardes "d" auf der dasdadur isd kapudd :donk: :donk: Meine freundin had das nudella-messe auf die dasdadur fallen lassen :donk: :donk:

Europäer Avatar von Radyserb
    serbska stolica Budyšin a němska stolica Berlin
    Zitat Zitat von Historical Atze Beitrag anzeigen
    Thanks Mc, will do that later when I crushed the Macedon ... err, I mean the Celts in Italy .
    One question: What are these Legion Standarts for? They are no diplomats cannot fight nor conquer ...
    Ich denk mal: Kanonenfutter.

I added the Standard when I had a single player game in mind. They serve no purpose other than to mark out the Legions, basically a prestige unit. For logically inclined players they are useless. To those with vivid imaginations they are the pride of the Legion and must be defended at all costs. They were my little indulgence, I had to include them as they look so cool. If I ever make Aeterna Civitas 3 I will make multi-figure units and the Standard can stand behind two Legionaries!

Hmmm, maybe you could have made them into explorer type units, i.e. treat all squares as roads, ignore enemy zones.

Then you could have them "lead the way" for other military units, i.e. moving a regular military unit in step with them so that they can also ignore enemy zones of control.

Also you could have them trigger events, i.e. if they are killed something could happen, just an idea....

I think that Paul Mutica's "Wars of the Mediterranean" had them aswell and they were equally as useless. In fact what would happen is the AI controlled Romans would keep building them, which made the Romans rather weak.

I did toy with the idea of giving them special abilities but I decided against it as I figured they would be used as explorers which is not their historical role. I decided that either people would get the point of them and use them for their own amusement or they would not bother with them!

I did consider making an event for them but I figured that if I did that people definitely wouldn't build them! I know I would use them as I am a big kid and like to pretend but I can see why others would ignore them

Well the events would not neccesarily have to be negative to the Romans, could be positive too....

Also you could make them appear as events, so that the player has no choice but to defend them. Or I suppose they could just disband them....

Seite 5 von 60 ErsteErste 1234567891555 ... LetzteLetzte