Ergebnis 1 bis 13 von 13

Thema: I'm out!

Dummkopf Avatar von Eivind

I'm out!

Hello people,

Things have been really dead recently (in my games anyway) and I have been thinking about retiring for a long time now. Unless the PBEMs that I am currently in suddenly awakens, I might thank you all for a fantastic time and see it as a que for me to finally leave. I've been in the civ community for 8 years now, so it might be about time anyway.

I salute you all and wish you the best of luck in future games and in private endavours!

I'm moving to Paris this autumn, so if you're anywere near, please email me. Also, I will travel a lot to Freiburg, if any of you live nearby. Would be fun to say 'prost' in real person! Ciao!

VfB ein Leben lang! Avatar von Historical Atze
    Why does everybody leave all of a sudden?
    Man man man, I hope you have thought carefully about this - I have seen many who left the community and came back crying to let them in again .
    Well, I wish you luck in France (what are you doing there, if I may ask? conquering the normandy as Norsemen always do in France? ).
    It might happen that I am in Freiburg somewhen. If so, I'll let you know if you promise to do the same when visiting Heidelberg .

Farewell.
    V f B  e i n  L e b e n  l a n g

"Kein Mensch hat seinen Freunden so viel Gutes erwiesen und seinen Feinden so viel Böses angetan, dass ich, Sulla, ihn nicht noch übertroffen hätte."
    Lucius Cornelius Sulla (138-78 v.Chr.) Dictator von Rom

"Sonst ein gar stiller Mann, doch wenn er angreift, wie der böse Teufel..."
    über König Rudolf I. von Habsburg aus Grillparzer - König Ottokars Glück und Ende

Zitat Zitat von simsahas Beitrag anzeigen
    nich wundern, bin nich analphabed geworden....mein hardes "d" auf der dasdadur isd kapudd :donk: :donk: Meine freundin had das nudella-messe auf die dasdadur fallen lassen :donk: :donk:

lolZdibolZ Avatar von Sephiroth
    What a pity!
    Though I am not very active myself in PBEM matters right now, this is a loss, for sure! I wish to say thank you for your presence here, dear Eivind! Your scenarios, your participation at the games brought lots of esprit to our community and I am sure, this will last some longer time!

Also I want to thank you for teaching me PBEM and Blitzkrieg tactics: When I began, I was a noob. Now I consider myself as a veteran player, who doesn't have to fear the battle.

Some kind of irony you say you will visit Freiburg a lot, because I have studied there for almost three years and left half a year ago. Anyways.. perhaps we can appoint some date that we meet there. I have many friends left there, which I will definitely meet some times this year.
    Alors! J'espere que tu va avoir une bonne temps en france, en train de faire la connaiscance avec la chose on appele "savoir vivre".

Evertonian Avatar von McMonkey
    It's sad to hear you are leaving Eivind, I hope you will still pop in to say hello from time to time

When I first got involved with the Civ II community at Civ Fanatics about a year and a half ago you were the first person to give me feedback on my WWII Europa scenario. I remember how excited I was that someone had taken the time to play it and point out its flaws.

I have also very much enjoyed your scenarios. First Strike is such a cool concept and a completely different way to play multiplayer games. I remember how exciting it was when I first found the Norwegian Campaign with its huge map and well researched units. Are you going to finish Desert War or are you retiring from all Civ II pass times?

All the best with the move to France and your future endeavours

A very sad McMonkey

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von Jerec
    Goodbye and good luck Eivind. Will you still visit Apolyton now and then while finishing Desert War?

Paris

Dommage que t'es pas y allé un an plus tôt car j'ai passé une année là-bas. En tout cas, profites-en bien!

Zitat Zitat von kronic Beitrag anzeigen
    Paris

Dommage que t'es pas y allé un an plus tôt car j'ai passé une année là-bas. En tout cas, profites-en bien!
    Dein Französisch ist frischer als meins!

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von Eurisko
    Too bad to see yet another veteran go.

The first PBEM I played was of a scenario you created (an early version of LBE, to be exact) and like many PBEM players, I basically "grew up" with your excellent scenarios.

Also, il y a quelques ans depuis la dernier fois quand j'ai parler en Francais, et en plus je deteste cette langue.

Zitat Zitat von Eurisko Beitrag anzeigen
    Also, il y a quelques ans depuis la dernier fois quand j'ai parler en Francais, et en plus je deteste cette langue.
    ok frischer als deins ist meins

Dummkopf Avatar von Eivind
    Thanks for all the kind words, people. I'm glad my scenarios were appreciated. I certainly appreciated your company and "kameradschaft".

I am going to Paris to learn French and do my MA. I hope to finish Desert War by the end of May. I need to finish some exams first.

Bonne chance tout le monde!

May I ask which school/university you'll be attending?

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von Dario
    I really enjoyed your scenarios a lot, Eivind.
    Indeed, my first scen played was a BK 1942, a playtest.
    Basically, i also "grew up" and became in a heavy exploiter with your scens.
    Your scens, your scens...
    I can't believe to see you go... wish you the best in the life!!!

Registrierter Benutzer
    bye eivind i feel the same what dario wrote
    Poland's Representative

tyryryr ;p

..SOME OF Y'ALL..IF YOU'RE NOT SMILIN', YOU'RE UGLY, I SWEAR TO GOD!