Ergebnis 1 bis 5 von 5

Thema: Is there room for a new pbem?

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von academia

Is there room for a new pbem?

hi guys!
    i opened this thread because i was wondering if there´s room for a new pbem... i created an iron curtain pbem thread, but the response was "demoralizing". but i´m not sure about the reasons... is it the scenario (gigamap, long turns) or you just dont have time to play more pbems??

i have other scenarios in mind, but i just dont wanna open like 5 new threads till one of them succeed!

to sum up... do you want a new pbem?
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

Brutus
    I share my opinion with Sephiroth and Gandhi: The appetite for modern age scenarios is fed by Eivind's First Strike (that needs a player) and the soon upcoming and hotly expected Blitzkrieg 1936 v5 that already has player reservations for 2 parallel running games.

Frankly, we had'nt had such a wave of new opened PBEMs for quite a long time, and I'm not sure if we are capable to keep our excellent speed if we overextend this, plus the sommer season will soon arrive, where things went always slower in former times and some players are needed then as assistors to keep things flowing. Well, I don't want to talk it into a too dark scheme - We also never had such an amount of players around here, some coming from apolyton following hopely our good reputation there and others celebrate their comeback after a long break - like my cool comrades Cobra and Karlheinz.
    So, I cannot speak for the whole community and their hunger for new games, academia. Listen to some other statements before getting depressed once again.

Additionally, you have to keep in mind that scenarios like Iron Curtain and other mass units scens take at least 5 times more time and attention than more empire-building or vanilla-like ones, see Belle Epoque and Hellas.

Evertonian Avatar von McMonkey
    I agree. It seems that a lot of people are very busy with real life at the moment (holidays / work etc...) and cannot commit and more time.

I don't think it is in any way a reflection on your fine scenario, just a case of people running out of spare time!

VfB ein Leben lang! Avatar von Historical Atze
    Zitat Zitat von Historical Atze Beitrag anzeigen
    I think, this is the main problem here. We're all up in multiple PBEMs right now. I'm sure when some of these are done there will be interest for a Iron Curtain.
    V f B  e i n  L e b e n  l a n g

"Kein Mensch hat seinen Freunden so viel Gutes erwiesen und seinen Feinden so viel Böses angetan, dass ich, Sulla, ihn nicht noch übertroffen hätte."
    Lucius Cornelius Sulla (138-78 v.Chr.) Dictator von Rom

"Sonst ein gar stiller Mann, doch wenn er angreift, wie der böse Teufel..."
    über König Rudolf I. von Habsburg aus Grillparzer - König Ottokars Glück und Ende

Zitat Zitat von simsahas Beitrag anzeigen
    nich wundern, bin nich analphabed geworden....mein hardes "d" auf der dasdadur isd kapudd :donk: :donk: Meine freundin had das nudella-messe auf die dasdadur fallen lassen :donk: :donk:

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von academia
    Zitat Zitat von McMonkey Beitrag anzeigen
    I agree. It seems that a lot of people are very busy with real life at the moment (holidays / work etc...) and cannot commit and more time.

I don't think it is in any way a reflection on your fine scenario, just a case of people running out of spare time!
    well, that was my question... no interest for a cold war scenario? or too busy for a new pbem?

it seems i´ll have to try later then... hehe
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.