No fortresses on mountain squares

No Bribing Persian units. Other Lydian / Barbarian units can be bribed

Cities can only be founded on Colony Sites by Colonists
    Only size 6 cities can build colonists
    Use the 'Colony Sites List' in the Read me folder to name cities
    New cities gained from goody huts must be disbanded asap
    City walls must always be in place. If destroyed use CivCity to rebuild
    Only Citizens are allowed to join a city to boost its size

Since the old game seems to be going nowhere I'd like to see if a smaller game could go somewhere.
    The Phoenicians and Etruscans would need to be strengthene.

Is there any interest?

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von cupcoffee
    The problem with leaving any of the civs in this game to the AI is that they would build their cities all over the place.
    So you would have to remove their ability to build settlers, which would of course just serve to weaken them.

Evertonian Avatar von McMonkey
    I'm very reluctant to start a new game when we have spent so much time on the previous one and it was just getting to the the really interesting stage. What's to say this one wouldn't fizzle out in the same way. Wouldn't a better solution be to find a replacement for Barthi? I would play as the Spartans but I think that would give me an unfair advantage.

If we do start a new game I would rather make some major modifications first. The biggest one would be to convert to ToT and make use of the expanded rules and events. I would make the Carthaginians and Etruscans powerful trading partners, but hard to attack. As I have the Spanish Civil War in the testing stage I have a little spare time. I have the day off today and could convert this scenario to ToT and start on the changes I have planned. How does that sound?

Veteran Avatar von Cobra
    Count me in
    Wenn du tot bist, dann weißt du nicht, dass du tot bist, es ist nur schwer für die anderen. Genau so ist es, wenn du blöd bist.

Do you mean you wish to take over as the Spartans in the existing game Cobra? I hope so!

I have just converted the files to ToT. It will probably take me a while to make all the changes needed, but if I know people want to play the scenario it will spur me on to get the job done.

Veteran Avatar von Cobra
    In the 1st game I took the Athenians from JPetrowski...
    Wenn du tot bist, dann weißt du nicht, dass du tot bist, es ist nur schwer für die anderen. Genau so ist es, wenn du blöd bist.

Registrierter Benutzer
    I´m not implying that we should give up the old game, but with Barthi seemingly gone and no replacement in sight I´m not very optimistic.
    Since I took the Etruscans over I have played a bit over 30 turns, which is very little in almost two years of playing.

The other option would be to leave the Spartans to the AI and agree not to attack them unless we are attacked and not to capture their cities. This will effect Corinth and Athens most as we are Sparta's closest neighbours, but I'm willing to go with this if it allows the game to continue!

Registrierter Benutzer
    The fast pace of the Warlords of China game inspired me to try this. Do you not believe that two games could go on at the same time?
    All the same, we should wait a bit and see if someone takes the offer of taking Sparta over, with a "cleat slate" or what to call it, with the bonus cash and all that.

I did quite a bit of work on the ToT version today and I think I can have it ready fairly soon. I will make it playable as the Hellenic factions only, at least for now. I think it would be worth waiting for this before starting a new game! I agree that the games with less players are a lot less frustrating!

Registrierter Benutzer
    Oh, I didn't know you were working on a ToT version! It should be much better, since the ToT AI usually seems much, much better than the MGE AI.
    I wonder if I should drop the Etruscans and take Sparta instead in the other game? Etruscans are not as central to the scenario, and much less interesting to play.

Well I think I will make the Etruscans and Phoenicians AI nations with good defences designed primarily as trading partners for the Greeks. You could always swap the Etruscans for the Spartans in the current game to have a bit of a practice. I think we could leave the Etruscans to the AI now you have developed them into a power in Italy!

Metropolis
    Gast
    I'd like to join. In a new game or simply replacing the player out, both would be fine to me. I've already finished Spata's turn in the first scenario.

To not make a loose cannon out of an AI player, maybe it's a better idea to provide them with a limited amount of settler units at the very beginning or by events. I wouldn't give them the ability to produce unlimited settlers on their own in such a game. Furthermore, the Ai never settles down on any other terrains than plains and grasslands. Maybe you could make use of that, too.
    Geändert von Metropolis (05. April 2012 um 09:39 Uhr)

Good idea. I have added that to my TO DO list, though I may well just give the Etruscans and Phoenicians a few more established cities from the start and ban them from building settlers (easy to do with the ToT rules).