Seite 8 von 10 ErsteErste ... 45678910 LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 106 bis 120 von 144

Thema: Warlords of China

Registrierter Benutzer
    I have no aid to give. I´m badly stretched only with dealing with happiness issues, nevermind the warlord I angered in the north west.
    (Who, actually, seems more interested in the Gobi desert than attacking me, but I´m not taking any chances!)
    Angehängte Dateien Angehängte Dateien

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von Dario
    evil icelander, what are you studying at the university?

Registrierter Benutzer
    Chemistry.

Evertonian Avatar von McMonkey

Post Fangtien Faction - July 1921

No news

Registrierter Benutzer
    I researched Austin Putilov, but I did not get any units.

It may be that only the first unit to develop a tech can trigger the event. I noticed I didn't get the second armoured train. I'm not certain about that though.

Post Fangtien Faction - September 1921

The Japanese reoccupy Pyongyang. Fierce battles continue outside Antung but the Japanese still keep coming.

Registrierter Benutzer
    Sorry. I have been enjoying what passes for summer here in Iceland the past days. I had played the turn but forgot to upload.
    I eliminated the League of 5 by taking Foochow. I can send you aid next turn if you want, I got those Austin Putilovs after all.

By the way, do you know of any English Elms around where you live or where you could access one?
    I´m looking for seeds to try to grow trees from, but I can't find them anywhere for sale on the internet.

I figure there won't be that many around, on cause of the Dutch Elm disease and all, but the bark beetles that spread the disease should not be a problem in Iceland. Whether the Elms could grow here is another matter altogether, one I can only find out by trying I guess.

I will of course pay for the postage if you could do help me with this, but I could not afford very much more in compensation for the trouble, although I'm sure I could scrounge up something if this is a real possibility.

Mate, if I can find any seeds it would be my pleasure to post them to you free of charge. It would be cool to think I had played a part in introducing a new plant species to Iceland That said, I have no idea how r where to find such a tree or its seeds. I will have a look on the internet to see what I'm looking for and where I am most likely to find it and then I will have a good excuse to get out in the countryside and enjoy the sunshine while I quest for the seed

Here's my starting point: Ulmus procera

EDIT: Wow. I knew these trees were rare, but I didn't realise they were that rare. This was quite interesting. This site sells seeds. If the Wikipedia page is correct then the Scottish Elm would be similar I think.

This site could be useful too.

Post Fangtien Faction - November 1921

More fierce fighting around Pyongyang. I think I can hold the Japanese back with my new Char St Chamond tanks, but thanks for the the offer of support.

Registrierter Benutzer
    This might be much trickier than I had hoped. I guess the Wych, or Scotch Elm, would be a much more realistic option anyway. It's a real shame that a tree that used to be a landmark in Britain is now so rare.
    I also read up about the English Oak, or Quercus robur.
    Lots of interesting history surrounding the tree.

I found a very interesting article about wooden ship-building: http://www.navyandmarine.org/ondeck/...nstruction.htm

Post Fangtien Faction - January 1922

No news

I have asked a work colleague who is a real nature expert to see if he knows of anywhere to procure the seeds for free. I will let you know if I have any luck. Otherwise you may have to wait until I'm next near one of the places listed on Wikipedia, though the chances of me being there at the time when the seeds are falling are quite remote. I really didn't realise quite how rare these trees were nowadays.

Registrierter Benutzer

That's great news. It seems aquiring seeds of the Scottish Elm(Ulmus Glabra) is no problem, but I cannnot find seeds of the English Elm anywhere for sale on the internet.

There is an Irish forrestry student working where I work this summer, and he told me they have a few of the English Elms in Ireland. I'm going to ask him if he might possibly be able to assist me in this strange quest.

Post Fangtien Faction - March 1922

Preperations for the invasion of Japanese occupied Korea continue.

Seite 8 von 10 ErsteErste ... 45678910 LetzteLetzte