Seite 18 von 27 ErsteErste ... 8141516171819202122 ... LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 256 bis 270 von 404

Thema: PBEM Napoleon Bonaparte [7] reloaded

Evertonian Avatar von McMonkey
    So these units have spent their turn at sea and survived, correct? If so then they can land and capture a city. After that any reinforcements can sail straight from France into the captured port. The house rule only applies to the initial landing. As far as I understand it there is no reason why reinforcements shouldn't be allowed to sail into a French port.

Barcelona 5-Real Madrid 0 Avatar von Rebelious
    Zitat Zitat von McMonkey Beitrag anzeigen
    So these units have spent their turn at sea and survived, correct? If so then they can land and capture a city. After that any reinforcements can sail straight from France into the captured port. The house rule only applies to the initial landing. As far as I understand it there is no reason why reinforcements shouldn't be allowed to sail into a French port.
    That is correst McMonkey and that is what I understood too.

So, before I play, can I destroy Spanish/Prussians vessels to go ahead with the invasion? I have their permission. I will also probably declare war to Russia and Sweden only to be able next turn to destroy their blocking vessels if needed, don’t understand me wrong, I have no interest at all to invade Russia or Sweden or to do them any other kind of harm but I can’t tolerate they block my ports or block my way towards England.

I need to know with certainty if it is a legal move before I play since replays are forbidden.

Europäer Avatar von Radyserb
    serbska stolica Budyšin a němska stolica Berlin
    I have the same problems too: Imagine, I want to block one of my ports and there is a merchantman from another nation in my way. What now?

But in one point you are right: If one nation allows you to destroy one of their ships, then you can do so without official declaration of war. But why should the regarding nation do so? It is clear, that any nation which allows France an invasion of England never will be allowed to trade with british cities again. In this case I would have to put a tariff on spanish and prussian goods again too, because I need money I do so now: Spanish and prussian traders have from now on to pay 50% of their trade profits with England, unless there are no french troops on the Island after this french turn, then Spain can immediately continue their trade without restrictions.

@pre-emptive war declarations: Please, that's kindergarten!

It would be very frustrating to have sacrificed my entire Atlantic fleet with many 3-Deckers in it for nearly nothing.
    And that's not true, or don't you own any counterforces, which sink my fleet?

When I played PBEM at Apolyton years ago we had a rule that allowed you to destroy (requisition) any foreign boat blocking your port without any war declaration and no consequences. Also trade units that blocked your main railways were allowed to destroy. Maybe from now on we should implement such a rule more often.

And no, I don’t have more deckers there available to counterattack that naval stack of yours, used all what I got to protect the naval stack.

I think there is a distinction between France declaring war on Prussia and Prussia allowing France to sink one of its ships that is blocking its path. The war declaration house rule is designed to prevent sneak attacks and this is not a sneak attack. I think Britain is going to have to accept that it has failed to prevent the French from crossing the Channel and Prussia is going to have to accept the trade tariffs!

If you read my post, there will be no trade tariffs for you

Spain and Prussia, the one, who let her ship sink, gets a trade embargo for the rest for the game, the other just the tariff...

I don't have any choice on this matter. I cannot declare was on France for sinking my ship/s as I am its vassal! If France wants to sink my ship there is nothing I can do to stop it from doing so. I obviously wish to continue trading with Britain, but I'm in an impossible position.

Ok, will start playing this afternoon and will see what I will do.

One question more though; what about Marine Regiments? They have also to wait one turn at the sea?

Zitat Zitat von Rebelious Beitrag anzeigen
    Ok, will start playing this afternoon and will see what I will do.

One question more though; what about Marine Regiments? They have also to wait one turn at the sea?
    No, they have not to wait, if they attack any city (just if they want to march in or land).

The invasion of the British Islands as begun! Norwich captured thanks to a combination of horse artilleries and bomb ketches. Once secured troops disembarked and Lincoln was captured and used as a second bridgehead. From there the Imperial troops stroke deep in the main industrial centers of north England reaching the west coast at the other side capturing Birmingham, Liverpool and Bristol. England is right now cut in two, roads have been pillaged and London have been isolated from the north, it is now only a question of time before London falls to Napoleon’s troops.

To prevent any boat blockade from the Swedish and specially the Russians I declare war to both of them. Fear not, only boats and merchants blocking our way on purpose will be destroyed, however if you destroy one of my units I will be forced to start more serious actions against you. Hope you understand but the invasion can’t be stop by a few pesky foreign boats. I recommend you to behave well and I will let you trade with a French London in the near future

Vive la France!
    Angehängte Dateien Angehängte Dateien

Lol, congratulation Rebelious, you have won (if you did't cheat)... The AI can take over... Edit: oder jemand von den anderen, wenn jemand den erbärmlichen Rest übernehmen will...
    Geändert von Radyserb (17. April 2012 um 21:47 Uhr)

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von Dario
    Yet, I didn't win, i need to take 5 cities more...

well what can i say, congratulations Rebel, but still you have to beat the russian
    Angehängte Dateien Angehängte Dateien
    Geändert von Dario (18. April 2012 um 06:16 Uhr)

Seite 18 von 27 ErsteErste ... 8141516171819202122 ... LetzteLetzte