Seite 1 von 2 12 LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 1 bis 15 von 19

Thema: Over the Reich - Playtesters Needed

Registrierter Benutzer

Over the Reich - Playtesters Needed

Hi all,

I am looking for two people to playtest my latest scenario, Over the Reich (for Test of Time). This is a scenario depicting the air battle over Germany between the 8th USAAF and the Luftwaffe.

Each player will control two civs: Germany/Luftwaffe, and British/USAAF.

The only house rule is that you are NOT to change the production of the Flak cities.

The first two people to post in this thread get dibs. The ideal candidate can commit to playing an average of one turn per day.

Although secrecy no doubt plays a role in this scenario (I don't expect you to broadcast your plans), I would appreciate knowing how things are going, so please play this as you would a normal MP match (with posts in this thread).

This scenario is still missing a few graphics and labels, little odds and ends. It should be playable.

If you post in THIS thread and find that you are one of the first two, please send me a PM with your email address!

Here is the playtester readme to whet the appetite:

Thanks!

Over the Reich
    A Scenario for Civilization II: Test of Time
    By John P. Petroski

INTRODUCTION

Over the Reich is scenario that attempts to depict the United States Army Air Force’s daylight bombing campaign of Nazi Germany during World War II. Though the Royal Air Force no doubt played a great role in the war, their nighttime operations are represented abstractly in this scenario (see the section: “RAF Bombing Campaign” below).

This scenario utilizes two maps. The first is “low level” and the second is “high level.” Often, attacking a target at the high level will directly affect the low level situation.

This scenario is only meant to be played against another human being. The AI handles air units atrociously, and as far as I can tell, rarely (if ever) makes use of the secondary map.

There are four civs that must be played by two players:

Team 1: The Jagdflieger and Germany
    Team 2: The USAAF and Britain

It is unnecessary to play as the Europeans. They have nothing to do and can be left to the AI.

ALLIED OBJECTIVES

The British are the protagonists of this scenario, and their objective is to liberate the continent. They will be scored according to the Civ2 objectives system. However, it is important to note that the British cannot build offensive ground units until after D-Day occurs. D-Day will only happen if the USAAF destroys enough German targets.

Throughout Germany (specifically, throughout the secondary, “high altitude” map), there are several “targets” that the USAAF can raid. These are divided into two broad categories, and several sub categories. The broad categories are “Primary” and “Secondary” targets.

Primary Targets:

A supermajority of the following types of targets must be destroyed to trigger the D-Day landings. In addition to triggering D-Day, destroying all of a certain type of target will generally have an adverse effect on German industry or Luftwaffe morale (an exception are the sub pens, which merely serve to contribute towards the D-Day threshold). These are considered the Allied player’s primary targets.

Ball Bearings (BB)
    Electrical Power (EP)
    Aircraft Factories (AC)
    Aviation Gas Dispensaries (AG)
    Chemical Production (CH)
    Oil Production Facilities (Oil)
    Submarine Pens (SUB)

Secondary Targets:

Destroying secondary targets will help you achieve your primary objectives, because they will severely hinder Germany’s ability to oppose you. Each of four types of secondary targets has a unique effect:

Railroad Marshalling Yards (RR) – Destroying these units will cause the surrounding terrain to change, thus wiping any railroad lines in the area and hindering the German economy. These units will respawn, allowing the target to be attacked again later.

Major Cities (no symbol) – Destroying the center of a major German city will cause the terrain to change nearby, destroying that city’s industry and making it harder for Germany to produce new units. The RAF can also attack German cities indirectly (see below).

Economic Units – Economic units include raw materials, locomotives, and supply trains. Destroying these will hinder the German economy and make it difficult for them to reinforce their fighter squadrons (very important—read up on Germany’s economy below)!

Military Units – The German Flakkorps can cause massive problems for your airmen. Each flak battery city will produce a flak burst every few turns. The 88mm batteries can shoot projectiles into the high altitude map, whereas the smaller flak batteries can only attack units at low altitude. Flak tends to be fiercer at low levels, as there are more batteries, and the flak does more damage since it is easier for it to hit your aircraft. It may pay dividends to suppress these batteries before they can fire their rounds (after a few turns, they can have quite the stockpile)! Further, the Germans have a “German Army” ground unit to oppose your eventual landings. Destroying these as you find them can only help you in the long run.

RAF BOMBING CAMPAIGN

As previously stated, the RAF bombing campaign is represented abstractly in this scenario. Britain has a tech tree that features many techs named things like, “Target Berlin.” Researching this will change much of Berlin’s terrain from urban to “firestorm,” requiring fixing by German engineers.

The events are designed to take the tech back from the British after a few turns, enabling you to hit the same cities more than once.

The German player cannot stop British raids. Their best hope is to delay them as best they can by destroying British locomotives (trade units that speed scientific advances).

GERMAN OBJECTIVE

The German player’s objective is to prevent the Allies from invading the continent. Failing that, the objective is to hold as many cities as possible until the end of the scenario!

German Defenses:

The skies of Germany are defended by the Flakkorps (under German control) and the Luftwaffe (Jagdflieger). Both will be necessary to thwart the USAAF. Generally, you will want your flak bursts to soften enemy units for your fighters to then prey upon. If you can hold off on attacking until after the bombers are outside of fighter range, all the better!

You will initially enjoy air superiority, as it will take some time for the USAAF to build its strength. Beware: this is not likely to last for long!

German Economy:

The German economy works very differently in this scenario than in a regular game of Civ2. There are no “vanilla” industrial improvements available, and science takes the place of production. The faster you research, the more units can be built! This is accomplished via different stages:

Stage 1 – Events causes the “raw materials” unit to pop up in occupied Europe under German control.

Stage 2 – The raw materials unit is brought inside a major German city, where it is disbanded to help build a locomotive (freight) unit.

Stage 3 – The locomotive is sent to various cities (Jagdflieger, European, or German) where its trade revenue will increase the science beakers for Germany.

Stage 4 – These science beakers help Germany research “Production Run North, South, East, West.” Researching these techs creates “Supplies” that are controlled by the JAGDFLIEGER.

Stage 5 – The Jagdflieger bring the “supplies” units into their airfields, disbanding them to use their shields to help produce units (which are normally very expensive)!

The extreme importance of your infrastructure should now be obvious! Allied attacks will ravage your cities and destroy your rail track. It is critical that you repair these as soon as possible with your TENO brigades! Keep your supply lines open at all costs!

Das Spice muss fließen!!! Avatar von Barthi
    is it only a Land Scenario? In my Operation Seelöwe give it Germany: Wehrmacht (Land), Luftwaffe (Air) and Kriegsmarine (Sea); England: Royal Army (Land), Royal Air Force (Air) and Royal Navy (Sea).

------------------------

I play Luftwaffe
    Geändert von Barthi (25. Juni 2011 um 23:44 Uhr)
    Fragen/Download = PN an mich:

Civ 2 unter Vista/Win 7 Spielen

Meine Civ2 Szen's:

Star Trek Galaxy, Sezessionskrieg, Star Wars: Rise and Fall*

Meine Mods:

HoI2DD, EU3, Empire at War FoC#, North & South Pirates, Port Royale 2,

Meine Maps:

Civ5, Civ3, Patrizier 2, Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne, Railroad Tycoon 3, Strategic War Command,

*in Arbeit, # auf Eis gelegt

Registrierter Benutzer
    It is basically an air-only scenario (there are a few ground units, for capturing cities, IF the Allied player does well enough to capture them)... Please send me your email and I'll send you the scenario

i send a PM

Meine Civ2 Szen's:

Meine Mods:

Meine Maps:

Civ5, Civ3, Patrizier 2, Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne, Railroad Tycoon 3, Strategic War Command,

Registrierter Benutzer
    Thank you, Barthi!

We still need one more player (I'd really like to see what it looks like to have two neutral players).

A few screen shots:

The industrial heart of the Ruhr (at low level)

Here Allied bombers raid the Ruhr at high level, but are about to be intercepted by Luftwaffe 109s!

please remane Cologne to Köln, thx

Meine Civ2 Szen's:

Meine Mods:

Meine Maps:

Europäer Avatar von Radyserb
    serbska stolica Budyšin a němska stolica Berlin
    Zitat Zitat von Barthi Beitrag anzeigen
    please remane Cologne to Köln, thx
    Why? It's good style, to write a scenario in ONE language

Evertonian Avatar von McMonkey
    Looking amazing. Good to finally see how it looks. I love the idea of high and low levels. I will probably have to look at the notes properly tomorrow. Feel free to send me the files via e-mail.

Registrierter Benutzer
    Excellent McMonkey, I've sent them to you

(I've previously contacted McMonkey, so he and I will be playing vs. each other over at SLeague). I did also contact Civinator, so at this point, he would be Barthi's competitor, unless he doesn't want to play.

I'll keep you all posted

Registrierter Benutzer
    (Rough) Files can be found at the Sleague forum if anyone is interested in having a look:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showth...=410801&page=5

Blue Lion Avatar von Civinator
    Zitat Zitat von JPetroski Beitrag anzeigen
    I did also contact Civinator, so at this point, he would be Barthi's competitor, unless he doesn't want to play.
    JPetroski, it´s a great honour to receive an invitation to such a demanding modding project. Thank you very much - but I think, at present I don´t have enough actual Civ 2 ToT gaming skills to compare with such a Civ 2 gaming profi as it is my friend Barthi.

Zitat Zitat von JPetroski Beitrag anzeigen
    The ideal candidate can commit to playing an average of one turn per day.
    So I´m defenitely no candiate for that game. After the end of next week, when my holydays are finished, I will hardly have any more free time for civing for a longer period due to work. On the other side I will support this outstanding modding project and have a look on it, whenever this is possible.

Registrierter Benutzer
    Ok, well in that case, would anyone like to step up to play Barthi?

Registrierter Benutzer
    Well, I found my first stupid (critical) error. The US bombers don't have the range to reach the targets they need to hit!

Please use these rules (they increase the range of heavy bombers and the P-51s).
    Angehängte Dateien Angehängte Dateien

okay, i test when i have time

Meine Civ2 Szen's:

Meine Mods:

Meine Maps:

Registrierter Benutzer
    We still need to find you an opponent, but if you're going to be Germany, you can go ahead and play your turn when you have time.

This is strictly a MP scenario. The AI is far too stupid to handle the multiple maps.

Seite 1 von 2 12 LetzteLetzte