Seite 36 von 40 ErsteErste ... 26323334353637383940 LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 526 bis 540 von 590

Thema: Barthi's IMPERIALISM 1870 Version 4.30

Registrierter Benutzer
    Spanish artillery bombards the independent city of Rabul, and the natives manage to destroy the Field Howitzer.

Japan: Is there a tariff for trading with your cities?
    Angehängte Dateien Angehängte Dateien

Evertonian Avatar von McMonkey

Post Russian Empire - February 1874

No news

Registrierter Benutzer
    Karlheinz is next.

Karlheinz Avatar von Karlheinz
    Sorry

You should be. Lazy Japanese good for nothings

Registrierter Benutzer
    Almost forgot abput this game! So long since I last played.

Barcelona 5-Real Madrid 0 Avatar von Rebelious
    Zitat Zitat von McMonkey Beitrag anzeigen
    Rebel, your up next good buddy!
    I know McMonkey but the problem is that lately I don’t have too much time left to play such huge and exhausting turns , will try to do my best though!

Registrierter Benutzer
    Are we going to declare this game dead? Rebelious has said in another thread that he can't (or doesn't want to) continue with this game. I could take over Germany (which has good relations with Spain at the moment), but based on experience I think the game would stop anyway. At this point, I would only consider taking over Germany if we had strict deadlines for playing turns to ensure that the game kept moving.

If there is interest in the Imperialism game, we could design a modification that would make the turns shorter.

I would suggest increasing the cost of Mf Goods to 500. Then make a "Captial Goods" unit that can be disbanded for 500 shields, and have one created each turn (or every other turn) in every capital. That would greatly reduce the number of trade units in the game, so you don't have to run a global shipping company, and would reduce funds for building units. It would also balance the game a bit.

I would reduce the tech cost. I'd also double the cost of cargo ships and reduce the cost of factories and some other buildings.

Europäer Avatar von Radyserb
    serbska stolica Budyšin a němska stolica Berlin
    You would modify the current ongoing PBEM game? I think, that's not a good idea. Also I think not the trade goods are the problem now, but the large number of the military units, especially the german ones... Furthermore Rebelious is a very perfectionistic player, so it's no wonder he lacks the time

Registrierter Benutzer
    No, I meant that if people like the Imperialism game but have trouble playing such long turns we could start a new game that is modified to take less time to play.

I think a ban on incremental rush building would speed up playing times. It takes ages to rush build units for 50+ cities and it is very boring, but if you don't do it then you will fall behind in the game. It is also something we could implement straight away. You could still rush build, just not incrementally!

I'm happy for Prof. Garfield to take over as the Germans. I have put a lot of time and effort into this game and I'm not ready for it to end yet!

Karlheinz Avatar von Karlheinz
    I have put a lot of time and effort into this game and I'm not ready for it to end yet!

Registrierter Benutzer
    I think a ban on incremental rush building would speed up playing times. It takes ages to rush build units for 50+ cities and it is very boring, but if you don't do it then you will fall behind in the game. It is also something we could implement straight away. You could still rush build, just not incrementally!
    I guess I could agree to that (the idea somehow makes me a little nervous). We would have to define exactly what is incremental rush building. For example, can I rush a lower cost unit and let city production finish it off on the next turn? Can I rush a commercial exchange and then switch to a fort?

I'm happy for Prof. Garfield to take over as the Germans. I have put a lot of time and effort into this game and I'm not ready for it to end yet!
    As I said in my post earlier, I will only take over the Germans if everyone agrees to a strict deadline for playing turns. I suggest 4 days plus an additional 4 days if the player acknowledges it is his turn and asks for more time (or if he said that he would be away), so 8 days total to play. I'm open to other suggestions, but I want everyone to agree to some deadline system before I take over another nation. I don't want to play a couple turns as the Germans only to have the game stop anyway.

Seite 36 von 40 ErsteErste ... 26323334353637383940 LetzteLetzte