Seite 2 von 4 ErsteErste 1234 LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 16 bis 30 von 50

Thema: 2194 Days of War Gigamap Updated V2 PBEM

Barcelona 5-Real Madrid 0 Avatar von Rebelious
    ok give me the soviets then...do we play historically? I mean allies versus axis right? or can I do whatever I like?

and by is sevastopol in the hands of the axis already in january 42? the city was captured just in the summer of 42

Zitat Zitat von McMonkey Beitrag anzeigen
    Using Civ2 Unlimited should get around this problem!
    Yeah…I just read about this unlimited civilization 2, I did not know the existence of this

I downloaded and tried it and seem to work! But in multiplayer game everybody has to use it too since all players must have the same global game options: I suggest unlimited units and gold. Population and time limit I do not think it is necessary.

I attached the file
    Geändert von Rebelious (10. Juni 2011 um 14:14 Uhr)

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von cupcoffee
    Perhaps we ought to have a sticky with the civ2unlimited for download in the forum here, because it really is a very useful application, particularly for those big multilayer scenarios.

Registrierter Benutzer
    Beautiful!!
    Rebellious, if you would like, start us up!

Great! But before we can start I have a few questions, there is also no readme in the folder…

*What are the house-rules? Like for example can be use ignoring ZOC units to infiltrate others? And what about rehoming of caravans, ship chaining etc…

*About the units than can attack air units and are not fighters, it says in the text that you can use against attacks, you mean only terrestrial stacks with an air unit in it right?

*What about the wonders? When I read the text of the wonders they refer to one particular civ, or even a city, however the tech tree let other civs to build them too. Are they meant to an specific civ or anybody can build them?

*What about tech exchange? is it allowed?

*When you capture a city you steal tech too?

*And do we have to follow the historical alliances like happened in real war or are we free to do whatever we like, like for example I make a cease fire right now with the Axis, would be this allowed? And if this is allowed what about sneak attacks? Or they allowed then or we wait, announce and then wait a turn or something?

*Why I cannot build T34? And why the Russians starts with no initiative at all since they cannot move nearly any of the offensive units at the first turn? Germans can move all units, it is January 42, I thought general winter was at the side of the russians

*Is trade with a civ in which you are at war allowed? (piracy)

And I think this is it, for now…

Registrierter Benutzer
    Zitat Zitat von Rebelious Beitrag anzeigen
    Great! But before we can start I have a few questions, there is also no readme in the folder…

*What are the house-rules? Like for example can be use ignoring ZOC units to infiltrate others? And what about rehoming of caravans, ship chaining etc…
    I think using units to ignore ZOC is fine, but that is my opinion, caravans should not be rehomed, and no ship chaining, also no leaving air units that are not designed to end their turn outside of a city using CTRL-N

*About the units than can attack air units and are not fighters, it says in the text that you can use against attacks, you mean only terrestrial stacks with an air unit in it right?
    Here is a quote from the original Readme for Version 1...
    6. House Rules
    There are a few things that need to be addressed here in order to make the scenario a much more enjoyable experience. These rules cannot be enforced in the scenario because of the limitations of the engine, or because of different things I did in making the scenario.

*No ground units can shoot down air units that are not in a stack
    *If a transport gets sunk in an attack, any ground unit that it was carrying, must be disbanded on the next turn by the player. Other transports cannot pick them up and they cannot sit in the ocean for extended periods of time waiting.
    *If an aircraft carrier gets sunk, any plane that was on the carrier is allowed to move.
    *No technologies, money or anything else including cities and units can be traded between the countries. This includes using Yaroslav’s utility.

*What about the wonders? When I read the text of the wonders they refer to one particular civ, or even a city, however the tech tree let other civs to build them too. Are they meant to an specific civ or anybody can build them?
    I am pretty sure that these were just not updated (the Civilopedia) from the first version.

*What about tech exchange? is it allowed?
    See above...

*When you capture a city you steal tech too?
    In my playthroughs there is no tech stealing.

*And do we have to follow the historical alliances like happened in real war or are we free to do whatever we like, like for example I make a cease fire right now with the Axis, would be this allowed? And if this is allowed what about sneak attacks? Or they allowed then or we wait, announce and then wait a turn or something?
    I vote that we keep the same alliances that were in real life, but I am willing to listen to other ideas.

*Why I cannot build T34? And why the Russians starts with no initiative at all since they cannot move nearly any of the offensive units at the first turn? Germans can move all units, it is January 42, I thought general winter was at the side of the russians
    Make sure that you have the correct Rules file. In my version, the T-34/76 '41 is buildable for the Soviets. I had asked the same question about the movements for the Soviets, what I was told is that the idea is to set your defenses for the attack by the Germans.

*Is trade with a civ in which you are at war allowed? (piracy)
    I say yes.

I have attached a new scenario file that addresses the issue of Tula disbanding units.

Registrierter Benutzer
    Oops, here is the file...
    Angehängte Dateien Angehängte Dateien

ok, I think I agree with you except for that you can use ignoring ZOC units to infiltrate others, for example the fallschirmjagers, an uber-unit with all terrain, air drop and ignoring ZOC capability could infiltrate entire panzer divisions back in my lines, this could unbalance the game and is not very realistic either...

will play and post my turn probably this afternoon

.net game right?
    Geändert von Rebelious (21. Oktober 2010 um 09:26 Uhr)

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von Dario
    Dan, Rebel is a very good and experienced player, take into account all what he says!

yeah, I consider myself a good player, so prepare yourself for a tough soviet resistance!...

btw, what about air lifting of units between cities with airport

will play tomorrow, got more work than I thougt and I have other commitments tonight, sorry about that

Evertonian Avatar von McMonkey
    I would much prefer a hotseat game if at all possible.

ok then decide before I start playing, I am for .net btw, the others?

btw, a few things I just noticed and maybe should be corrected:

*City fighter protection against bombers is useless; stats of the bombers vs fighters not good
    *Tula still disbands 3 red army units
    *The Ju-88 has a too long range; it is like the Ju-87, a tactical bomber, and tactical bombers were of short range. If you want a medium range German bomber instead of Ju-88, it should be the He-111.

Geändert von Rebelious (22. Oktober 2010 um 20:37 Uhr)

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von cupcoffee
    I'd vote for hot, but which ever is fine to me in the end.

well...I really do not care, .hot or .net, so if you want I start already at .hot

but at which level? normally we play at king right? but here king stands for easy single player while prince stands for PBEM game, so which one do I chose? prince or king?

Evertonian Avatar von McMonkey
    Go for Prince if that is what the designer intended. I think the level only really effects the AI's competency and happiness levels.

Seite 2 von 4 ErsteErste 1234 LetzteLetzte