Ergebnis 1 bis 13 von 13

Thema: Let's be evil scenarios

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von cupcoffee

Let's be evil scenarios

I know there are already a lot of games going on here and I'm sure a lot of you are already quite busy with those you're already in, but I thought I'd let this one out to see how much interest there would be.
    The title of the thread is really just that I couldn't find any connections other than that you play the bad guys.

One game I had in mind is Curt Sibling's Vendetta 2, which can be found in the Spanish civ site if you look under Bestonet and then under fictional scenarios.
    A really well made alternative cold war scenario where Germany won the second world war and basically everyone is an evil totalitarian empire.

The other is Eivind's Mafia scenario which can be found at the scenario league.
    The players would be playing the various Mafia gangs of New York.
    However, I thought I'd take a similar approach to how Ingvar handled "The Rape of Nations" game.
    The thing is the AI does not handle the Police as it is supposed to, going on conquering sprees and such.
    So I'd take a sort of game master role as the Police with the goal of harassing the players, but not actually conquering any cities.

Any takers?

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von Jerec
    Yes.
    "Cease firing, but if any enemy planes appear, shoot them down in a friendly fashion." -Admiral William Halsey

Registrierter Benutzer
    I'm interested as usual but I don't expect I would speed up the pace of any such game.

Handeln & Verhandeln Avatar von Civilionaut
    immer ran

Both games would need a total of six players, and I'm not in any particular rush to get things started, but is there any preference on which scenario we should eventually start up?

Since people are pretty busy and with all the scenarios already going on, I was thinking that it would be easier to start a one on one game.
    At the moment I would like to try out Saladin's "The Age of Napoleon" with the two main powers, one player Taking France while the other takes Great Britain, leaving the AI to deal with the others, the winner being who ever can hold the enemy's capital for five turns or something like that.

I changed it so that the Austrian and American infantry got the defence role instead of the attack role.
    I noticed that otherwise, under the AI, their cities would often be left empty or defended only by ships.

By the way, is the Scenario League down for anyone else or did I miss some announcement?
    Geändert von cupcoffee (11. Juni 2011 um 14:29 Uhr)

Registrierter Benutzer
    You need to be careful with AI factions!

It could end up a bit like the SW:INS game.

I used my strong starting position(something Barthi failed to do, despite his even stronger start) to take lots of weakly held planets, mainly from the AI. Now I am by far the largest player, and even though I have suffered massive losses I still have the largest military.

I guess I am trying to say that the French player could have lots of cities he could easily take, while the British have almost no area to expand, expect in France itself, which won't be easy in most cases.

From experience I think that the only way to ensure the AI keeps it's defenses strong is either very good defensive units or scripting units to appear. (Something I noticed while playing Kobi's Domonion War some time ago is that the AI would usually disband it's most powerful defensive unit, an immovable shield with lots of defense. Never heard about this behaviour before.)

While human controlled cities may start out weak the usually do not stay such. AI cities however usually stay relatively weak.

I do not think my writing is very coherent....

That's a good point, Ingvar, perhaps giving the civ specific units of the AI nations more hit points might slow down human expansion a little?

But I also want the strengths of France and Britain to be apparent in the gameplay, the British having the premier navy while the French dominate on land.
    With that in mind, I was thinking of a special house rule that when ever somebody is trying to land an army from sea, that transport ship must stay there one turn before actually disembarking your troops from the ship so that you can't just build a lot of transports and dump a large army next to London/Paris without any kind of risk or at least having a huge navy that can protect those transports.

Another thing I was thinking of was to give the British the lighthouse wonder, seeing as the French have the war academy wonder.

Registrierter Benutzer
    How about getting one of these going?
    I think I will hae a bit more time for the next months, since the spring semester is longer than the autumn one.

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von John Henry Eden
    I would definitely be up for a game of Vendetta.

Sadly, the scenario league page seems to be down at the moment. Can someone attach the Mafia zip file?

Evertonian Avatar von McMonkey
    Here you go. Hopefully the Scenario League will be running soon. They are moving servers at Apolyton at the moment and there is a lot of data that needs sorting out to display properly.

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von John Henry Eden
    Thanks.

Having taken a look at Vendetta again, I'd say that I would join a PBEM of it as UFA.

Sure, I could start a new Vendetta thread if you all want and hopefully we'll get some more to join.