Seite 1 von 18 1234511 ... LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 1 bis 15 von 259

Thema: Bitterfrost (A ToT multiplayer game)

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von cupcoffee

Bitterfrost (A ToT multiplayer game)

The Coven: Cupcoffee
    Zatarn Tribe: Open
    Urzit Allies: AI Only
    Bursar Council: Civilionaut
    Crusader Kingdom: Ingvar
    Undead Army: Open
    Ancient Empire: AI Only

Yes, like I mentioned in the Kobayashi thread, I want to actually try out the waters here to see.
    I know that I have already started a Star Wars game very recently, and of those here I know have ToT got a very busy schedual as it is.
    Still, playing Bitterfrost II has always been a pleasure as well as a challenge for me and having recently taken a new look at it, I just had to see if I could get a game going here, even if it will probably take awhile to recruit enough players.

Speaking of which, in this particular scenario there are five palyable civs, three human colonies, the Zatarn tribe and the undead army.
    Since the events center mainly´around the humans, it would be best that we get those three filled in first by players, at which point the game could start.
    If a forth player would wish to join, it would be best if they choose to play the Undead army. The Zatarn tribe can be a relatively competent threat as the AI, but the bulk of the undead army is event created, so under the AI the undead usually just remains in their first city doing nothing, not being much of a threat at all.

I am also open to play any of the other games in the Bitterfrost series, actually just any ToT scenario and I am in. Also, I am hoping that if we get enough ToT games started we will convert some players here.

Get the game here, it will require the 1.1 Patch for ToT: http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...Bitterfrost_II

House rules:
    No reloading.
    No tech trading or stealing.
    No bribing of cities or units.
    No ship chaining.
    No renaming of existing cities.
    No rehoming of trade units.
    Only the human colonies can have any type of diplomatic agreements and then only with other humans.

Victory conditions:
    A human colony that destroys the undead army and captures Ironfire Peak wins the game.
    The Zatarn win by being the sole species left on Jawbone?
    The Undead win if they wipe out all humans.
    Geändert von cupcoffee (13. April 2010 um 19:02 Uhr)

Registrierter Benutzer
    Sign me up.
    Do not remember what exactly the factions are called, so I ´ll have to settle for anything.

Most of this is taken straigh from the game's readme.

The Crusader Kingdom:
    Righteous, grim, and some might say prudish, the Crusaders are warriors and seek to unite Bitterfrost with faith, or failing that, with cold steel! They have little time for magic-users, and may even go on a crusade without warning! Their emphasis is on honour, battle and grabbing as much land for their deity as possible!
    Good for building and conquering players.
    (Their advantage is overal stronger units and only they can build the Cathederal improvement.)

The Bursar Council:
    High in the favour of the Imperion, the Bursars could probably buy Bitterfrost island. Gold is what their greedy eyes are on, and there is much of this and other minerals in the mountains of their colony area! Bursars are heavily into commerce and have a vested interest in maintaining their lead in the high lord’s esteem.
    Good for players who like having a trade advantage.
    (Their advantage is that they are able to build traders from the very start. They are aslo the only ones who can build the Stock Exchange improvement and get the Republic form of government.)

The Coven:
    Some call them pagans, or heathen spellwrights, but they call themselves the Coven. They are users of magic and are ruled by noble, druidic families. But these people from the wooded realms are no meek mages, they also excel at the arts of war. This has led to the formation of spell-slinging warriors like the Guardians.
    Good for sneaky players, due to their Witch (spy) unit.
    (Their advantage, besides the spy, is that only they can build the SDI improvement and get the Communism form of government.)

(The Humans main objective would be to destroy both the Ancients and the Undead.)

Zatarn Tribe:
    The tribal Zatarn are somewhat like the Amazons of our own world, except the Zatarn are grey skinned. Not to mention, more brutal, fanatical and numerous. For a long time they lived on small forest communities, battling their enemies, the Urzit. Since the island's appearance, they have flocked there to build a tribal empire. Expanding quickly and butchering foes is the best way to win with the Zatarn.
    (They have weak but mobile units. They are not too advanced, so building up this civilization peacefully will not take you very far.)

The Undead:
    In the dire East, there has ruled for an age the Undead kingdoms. From this inauspicious realm, fell Spectres have arrived in Bitterfrost and built a keep. Enthroned in black iron, the tyrannical Lich King and his charnel legions will seek to smash all mortal kingdoms and rule the island with skeletal hate. Prepare for war!
    Good for those who enjoy playing the villians.
    (As mentioned, most of their armies will be created through events by capturing cities. Much like the Zatarn, they shouldn't be played like a peaceful civilization. Their objecvtive would be to wipe out all humans from Jawbone.)

As I went through the civs, I was wondering about what house rules we should have.
    I don't think we should have either tech trading or stealing.
    Bribing is very easily exploited in this scenario (just bribe the ancients cities and you will have some really powerful units right there), but with both these rules it would diminish the Coven's unique powers. Perhaps we could have a rule that only barbarian cities and units may be bribed?

Registrierter Benutzer
    I have no preferance.
    All seem like fun to play.

Handeln & Verhandeln Avatar von Civilionaut
    Bursar Council

Then I'll give the Crusaders to you if you don't mind, Ingvar.

Should we start the game now or should we wait for somebody else to take on the undead and Zatarn?
    What about the house rules?

Edit: If you guys haven't played this game before, you might want to try it for a bit in single player mode. The scenario can throw some pretty nasty surprises at you if you are not prepared.
    Geändert von cupcoffee (13. April 2010 um 11:20 Uhr)

Registrierter Benutzer
    I´m not in a hurry, but I would be okay with just three players.

Having one game that has only three players could be fun, since it would progress so much faster!

Alright, if Civi is ready I'll start the game. If anybody wants to join in later it will be easy for them to take over the undead as they are a war nation, not a builder nation.

I'm also leaning against allowing the bribing of barbarian cities now that I've had another look at the scenario. What do you all think?

So starts year one of a new era in the lands of Bitterfrost.
    The Coven wishes to have peaceful relationships with the other colonies, even the fanatical crusaders.

Civilionaut to play next.
    Geändert von cupcoffee (11. Juni 2011 um 14:28 Uhr)

Civilionaut, are you still with us?

Zitat Zitat von cupcoffee Beitrag anzeigen
    Civilionaut, are you still with us?
    oh yeah,

but have little time

Garten, Bienen, Brennholz, Beruf und bald ist Weltmeisterschaft

aber das ToT liegt nun schon mal am PC ( muß erst installieren )

installiert, Programm startet, dann kommt Meldung

CIV2.LCD funktioniert nicht mehr

Das Spice muss fließen!!! Avatar von Barthi
    No-Cd Patch ab Vista dann geht es aber wo denn downloaden kannst kann ich dir hir nicht sagen (Forumregeln)
    Fragen/Download = PN an mich:

Civ 2 unter Vista/Win 7 Spielen

Meine Civ2 Szen's:

Star Trek Galaxy, Sezessionskrieg, Star Wars: Rise and Fall*

Meine Mods:

HoI2DD, EU3, Empire at War FoC#, North & South Pirates, Port Royale 2,

Meine Maps:

Civ5, Civ3, Patrizier 2, Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne, Railroad Tycoon 3, Strategic War Command,

*in Arbeit, # auf Eis gelegt

hatte noch eine Kopie der Festplatte meines vorherigen PC, von dort konnte ich reibungslos starten
    Angehängte Dateien Angehängte Dateien

Registrierter Benutzer
    Nothing to report!
    Geändert von Ingvar (10. Juni 2011 um 02:19 Uhr)

Seite 1 von 18 1234511 ... LetzteLetzte