Ergebnis 1 bis 15 von 15

Thema: Kobayashi scenarios

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von cupcoffee

Potential scenarios

There are already quite a few games going on and I know most people here already are in many of them, so I am in no hurry to start up a new game.

But if there is interest, there are two scenarios in particular made by Kobayashi that I had in mind.

The first one is his "Star wars: Insurrection" which is pretty straight forward.
    I think it would work best with three players with The empire, the republic and the insurrectionists.
    It is similar to his Star Trek:BAQ, except the fighting starts right from the start and we would have a house rule that there can be no negotiations or trade between the players, just war.
    I can imagine turns would go pretty fast.

The other scenario is his "Wealth of Nations".
    I always found this scenario pretty interesting as how he took the civ 2 engine to represent something as abstract as corporate expansion on global markets.
    Because it is so abstract I can understand if not everybody would be interested in it, but you should at least give it a try.
    All but the east-block civ would be played by humans so turns would take a fair amount of time and to make it as balanced as possible it would be best if the better players here take on the weaker civs, otherwise the industrial US corporations, who start so dominant in comparison to the non-alligned corporations, might steamroll everyone else.

Any thoughts or interests?
    Geändert von cupcoffee (07. April 2010 um 19:34 Uhr)

Veteran Avatar von Cobra
    Always interrested in
    Wenn du tot bist, dann weißt du nicht, dass du tot bist, es ist nur schwer für die anderen. Genau so ist es, wenn du blöd bist.

Handeln & Verhandeln Avatar von Civilionaut
    Zitat Zitat von Cobra Beitrag anzeigen
    Always interrested in
    dito

Evertonian Avatar von McMonkey
    Both sound very tempting. Wealth of Nations is a brilliantly executed scenario. However I think I'm involved in too many games at the moment and can't really find the time for any more. If you are missing a player after several days I could possibly be persuaded to join in the Star Wars scenario.

the elf Avatar von Gelion
    That would be my response as well. I'm not very avaliable, but I've always wanted to play a SW game. Insurrection is one of my favourite scenarios.
    Do not forget to take the Civ 2 PBEM survey!

The Wealth of nations would have to wait until we get some more people then, but for the Star wars game all we need is three, and I'm assuming Civilonaut and Cobra are willing to play so that can start now if you guys want. Of course if there is enough interest perhaps people might join in later as one of the minor powers. They are small and they will not get any good units to compete with the main powers, but I think the Corporate sector might be fun as they will surely be a trading hub, they might use that to their advantage.

But while we are still on potential scenarios, I have been meaning to ask you all if there is anybody else who has civ 2 test of time.
    I have mainly played the original civ 2 game because that one had all of the cool scenarios, but there are still some good ones on Test of time as well, such as Curt Sibling's Bitterfrost and Dictator series and it would be a shame never to try these ones on multiplayer as well.
    So if there is anybody else who has test of time, let me know.

Veteran Avatar von Cobra
    I don´t have ToT
    Wenn du tot bist, dann weißt du nicht, dass du tot bist, es ist nur schwer für die anderen. Genau so ist es, wenn du blöd bist.

Registrierter Benutzer
    I'm up for both.

I have played WoN, but never managed to enjoy it much, on cause of the computer not handling it very well.

I very recently played SW:Insurrection solo, liked it a lot.
    It's going to be a very good game I am sure!

I am not sure were my ToT cd is, I'll see if I can find it(or a replacement).

Maybe drop CurtSibling a message to see if he wants to play?
    I'm not sure if he ever drops by here, or if he's only on over at the Sleague forums.

Evertonian Avatar von McMonkey
    Some of the finest Civ2 scenarios are for Test of Time. The expanded events language and other features made it possible to support the AI enough to make it a challenge. It is well worth getting a cheap copy of ToT. Techumseh's scenarios are a real challenge!

I have been playing Techumseh's new American Civil War scenario against Gelion here and Techumseh as the Scenario League. I would be up for trying other scenarios. To be honest, if there was enough interest I would probably design my multiplayer scenarios for ToT too!

Nice to see some interest, I think we can start up a star wars game, but I'll need some factions.

Also, are there any star wars buffs that could take a look at the city.txt of the scenario and perhaps revise it with some new planet names?

Registrierter Benutzer
    Edit: forgot the main reason for my post, picking a faction!
    I´m up for either the Old Empire or the New One.(Can't recall what they are named.) Or the Merchant League.

I agree the naming stuff could use some work, but another idea is simply to set the rule that players must find a name for their colonies.

This would be a lot less work, and that way we can start sooner.
    Plus, some factions are going to be making way more colonies than others.

Will there be house rules in regards to the New Empire/Rebels/Old Empire cannot be at peace?

This is sort of a total war scenario after all.

In regards to WoN, this scenario will take massive amounts of work.
    I'm ready to give it a try when I have finished some of the games I am currently playing.
    Geändert von Ingvar (31. März 2010 um 00:44 Uhr)

I'll start up a star wars thread since we have enough players for that one, but until now, for those interested in a wealth of nations game you can report here.
    The civs are:

The Japanese:
    The Europeans:
    The Industrial Americans:
    The New Age Americans:
    The Unaligned:
    The East Asians:

Remember that it is best you choose your civ according to your skills. For example those that are really confident in themselves ought to try out the unaligned.

Registrierter Benutzer
    What about this WoN game?

So we have:
    civilionaut
    cobra
    cupcoffee
    Ingvar
    I am assuming, due to your posts.
    But I am sure it would detract much from the game if the American faction was left unattended.

Handeln & Verhandeln Avatar von Civilionaut
    nehme dann Japan

I've already got three games started, but if you begin a thread for Wealth of Nations, I'll join in.
    I'd take either the East Asians or the Europeans, I'm just not good enough for the unalligned.