Seite 3 von 3 ErsteErste 123
Ergebnis 31 bis 44 von 44

Thema: Anyone up for "Eivinds' First Stike"?

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von cupcoffee
    China is ready to take the next great leap.

Evertonian Avatar von McMonkey
    I'm up for it. My PBEM turns seem to be taking up every spare minute at the moment...which is a good thing

As it happens I had made detailed plans to play as NATO once before only for the planned game to fall apart before it had begun. I will dig out the document and blow the dust off to see what I had planned for the Commies!

the elf Avatar von Gelion
    Damn, this means I should do some sort of concrete planning not to be at a disadvantage! All I have at this moment is a "first-strike" paradrop map...
    Do not forget to take the Civ 2 PBEM survey!

Detailed does not necessarily mean good. My plan is more of an organizational and logistical plan than a master plan to defeat communism!

Same thing

Anyways we need to confirm 2 more players....

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von cupcoffee
    Two more? It's just Brazil's player left, isn't it?

Registrierter Benutzer
    I have confirmed already, unless you plan to have someone else play as India?

My mistake. Waiting for Brazil until tomorrow.

Handeln & Verhandeln Avatar von Civilionaut
    Brazil is on board, wenns weitergeht

Which nation starts and what, if any, additional house rules do we need?

As my version of CivDip doesn't seem to be working with Vista (I will try and fix this) I will probably need to use the cheat menu to gift units. We have been working out some guidlines for this in the Aeterna Civitas thread to ensure that gifted units don't end up moving twice (EG Russia has its turn, next the USA moves a unit to Brazil and gifts the unit, then Brazil also moves the unit before Russia has its turn again). Once we have a final rule for gifting units via the cheat mode I would suggest we use it here too.

Well, here be a problem. We must use the CivDip for this game. If it is not too much trouble, do you think you could outline how wars could be declared and units given under the cheat menu (the idea, I know the menu very well) and we could try to find a solution.

Well using the cheat menu to do these things is very easy. Units, money and technology can all be swapped using the cheat menu. Diplomacy can be done with the PBEM fixer tool easier than it could be with CivDip and we could even use the CivCity tool for some things. To be honest I always found CivDip awkward to use, just my personal opinion. My proposal is:

When gifting units you must:
    - Press space to end the units movement once handed over.
    - The player receiving the units must also press space to end the units movement when they play their turn (this is to prevent the units moving twice before the other players turns come around)
    - If a unit has NONE support it may remain so. If it has a home city then a new home city must be allocated. This must be the nearest city, unless this will cause a shield deficit, in which case it will be the next nearest city.
    - Units must be gifted within two squares of a city belonging to the nation they are being gifted to.
    - Trade units being gifted must have their home city changed to NONE as re-homing trade is forbidden.

The issue would be whether we trust one another not to add extra units etc... That said though, it would be very easy to cheat in hotseat mode anyway and the whole community here works on the honour system. Cheat and your only really cheating yourself really. I don't think we have any reason not to trust anyone so I can't see a problem.

I will take another look at CivDip to see if I can fix it (something to do with Java scripting that clashes with Vista).

Thank you!. I will start the game up tomorrow and we will work under that system.

Seite 3 von 3 ErsteErste 123