Seite 1 von 3 123 LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 1 bis 15 von 44

Thema: Anyone up for "Eivinds' First Stike"?

the elf Avatar von Gelion

Anyone up for "Eivinds' First Stike"?

Hello forum
    I've never played a PBEM before, but would love to start. I picked Eivind's excellent "First Strike" scenario as the most interesting. Plus, I cannot stop the bloody Chinese attacking me in SP I hope MP would be better. If anyone wants to play with me (1-4 people), let me know.

P.S. Sorry, my German is rudimentary

Evertonian Avatar von McMonkey
    Welcome Gelion. I would be up for a game of First Strike. Its complicated to play correctly but a very interesting scenario. I would be up for playing as America/Nato or China.

Hey! Thats very good news

I've been trying to win SP as Soviets and could stick to them in PBEM. I have figured out how to host and play PBEMs and mastered Dario's fixer. Yaroslav's tool remains a mystery (how to transfer cities for example). Regarding this game, I was thinking, we need to clarifiy some rules that were unclear in the first two PBEMs and then launch. I also had some questions about them. I hope you can help me.

Here are the modifications that I am proposing (original ruleset taken from here)

House Rules

Generic house rules:
    03. No terraforming. - irrigation, roads and mining allowed?
    07. No "freezing" of airplanes. - how is it done?
    11. No artificial creating of ZOC with units. - and this?

Scenario specific house rules:
    12. No bribing of cities or units (Spain may be bribed in 1981 by NATO). - its not possible in this scenario, is it?
    13. No bribing of other than the AI pro-countries allowed. Nor may Non-aligned be bribed. A state of war between human civs is the exeption. - I assume this referrs to units.
    15. No war ships may cross straits owned by a foreign power (i.e. the Bosphorus Strait (Istanbul), Suez Canal, Panama Canal, Kiel Canal, Gibraltar strait, Øresund (Copenhagen) etc.). - I was thinking of tweaking this, so that subs can sneak through, but upon being discovered must fall back.

Unit house rules:
    20. No more than 5 units on the regular Aircraft Carrier and maximum 15 on the NP supercarrier. - limit the latter to 10.

23. Once discovered "Submarine-Based Nukes", you may only have 1 MRBM in a sub, or only 4 cruise missiles. You can't combine them * in one sub (remember that missiles must be loaded inside a city). - what about unloading? Allowed?
    25. No using of missiles for reconaissance. For that you use aircrafts, and then especially the recon aircraft. - Clarification: Military aircraft should be used in international and internal recon flights. Incursions into enemy territory can only be done with a recon plane as said in 26.

Proxy Wars using the shield system
    If a player decides to start a proxy war, he must announce this 3 turns before he sends his units from his home ports. This gives the opposing side time enough to scramble troops for a counter move to the same country. - delays should be increased to 5-6 turns in the proxy war is in another hemisphere/continent from the "defender".

I do not know if you know me from CFC as well, but I used to NES there. Short stories and pictures could greatly liven up the PBEM . I also belive there's a lot of room for diplomacy, signing specific treaties with regard to nuclear weapons, trade, security, 3rd world. All 5 countries included of course.

What are your thoughts?

lolZdibolZ Avatar von Sephiroth
    Hey Gelion, welcome to our site!

I am sure you will soon find some players for this PBEMS. Me personally, I dont have time right now.

Zitat Zitat von Sephiroth Beitrag anzeigen
    Hey Gelion, welcome to our site!

I am sure you will soon find some players for this PBEMS. Me personally, I dont have time right now.
    Hi, Sephiroth!
    I heard this was the last site with the most Civ 2 PBEM players. IIRC they take days to play, so I am prepared to wait.

VfB ein Leben lang! Avatar von Historical Atze
    Usually our PBEMs advance more quickly. But right now both Sephi and me are in writing our "masters thesis" and thus the PBEMs are stalling from time to time.
    V f B  e i n  L e b e n  l a n g

"Kein Mensch hat seinen Freunden so viel Gutes erwiesen und seinen Feinden so viel Böses angetan, dass ich, Sulla, ihn nicht noch übertroffen hätte."
    Lucius Cornelius Sulla (138-78 v.Chr.) Dictator von Rom

"Sonst ein gar stiller Mann, doch wenn er angreift, wie der böse Teufel..."
    über König Rudolf I. von Habsburg aus Grillparzer - König Ottokars Glück und Ende

Zitat Zitat von simsahas Beitrag anzeigen
    nich wundern, bin nich analphabed geworden....mein hardes "d" auf der dasdadur isd kapudd :donk: :donk: Meine freundin had das nudella-messe auf die dasdadur fallen lassen :donk: :donk:

Zitat Zitat von Historical Atze Beitrag anzeigen
    Usually our PBEMs advance more quickly. But right now both Sephi and me are in writing our "masters thesis" and thus the PBEMs are stalling from time to time.
    I'm involved in university studies as wel I'm prepared to wait for players as long as it takes. I am learning strategies in the meantime....

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von Alcibaides
    right now both Sephi and me are in writing our "masters thesis" and thus the PBEMs are stalling from time to time.
    What are you guys getting your masters in?

Him: German Studies
    Me: Political Science

"Kein Mensch hat seinen Freunden so viel Gutes erwiesen und seinen Feinden so viel Böses angetan, dass ich, Sulla, ihn nicht noch übertroffen hätte."

über König Rudolf I. von Habsburg aus Grillparzer - König Ottokars Glück und Ende

nich wundern, bin nich analphabed geworden....mein hardes "d" auf der dasdadur isd kapudd :donk: :donk: Meine freundin had das nudella-messe auf die dasdadur fallen lassen :donk: :donk:

Handeln & Verhandeln Avatar von Civilionaut
    Me: Political Science

also doch

Urkraft Avatar von Lenin
    This scen looks very interesting. I will download it tomorrow.
    The world is grey, the mountains old
    Our people's heats are ashen-cold
    No harp is wrung, no silver trumpet calls
    The darkness dwells in europe's Halls
    Yet we still remember, we few who dwell
    In this far land beneath the trees
    The truth
    The Light
    The dreaming golden spires
    The Starlight on the western seas

I finished most of my engagements before the start of the new academic year. This means I will have time to host a game soon. All I need to do is figure out how Yaroslav's tool works and I am set to start. The question is, will I have players? What do you guys think?

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von cupcoffee
    If there's still interest, I'd like to join in.
    Although I've been meaning to try multiplaying civ 2 for awhile, I haven't had much time until now.
    So obviously I'd like to take it slowly with one of the more minor powers, like China or Brazil.
    As I'm completely new, I'd also like to know if there's any net etiquette I should keep in mind in pbem's. Should I use google translate and post everything in German, or is it all right with English? Do I need any specific program like civ2unlimited?

Wenn es noch interessant, ich möchte mitmachen
    Obwohl ich Bedeutung gewesen sind, um zu versuchen Multiplayer-civ 2 für eine Weile, ich habe nicht viel Zeit, bis jetzt.
    So natürlich möchte ich es langsam mit einer der kleinen Mächte wie China oder Brasilien zu nehmen.
    Da bin ich völlig neue, würde ich auch gerne wissen, ob es irgendeine Netiquette sollte ich beachten, in PBEM's. Sollte ich mit Google übersetzen und nach alles in Deutsch, oder ist es gut mit Englisch? Brauche ich bestimmte Programme wie civ2unlimited?

I wouldn't be able to answer fully, but, from what I understand, English is acceptable as one of the languages of communication in this forum. Members are not obliged to answer in English, so some German knowledge is welcome (it is a German forum after all).

Regarding the game itself, I would still want to play if I find sufficient players.

cupcoffee, did you forum on any other Civ forum before?

Seite 1 von 3 123 LetzteLetzte