Seite 2 von 2 ErsteErste 12
Ergebnis 16 bis 21 von 21

Thema: Diskussion über First Strike 2-Szen von Eivind IV

Dummkopf Avatar von Eivind
    Forgot to mention I will also remove most barracks/airports from the game (from start) and raise it's cost.

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von Eurisko
    Zitat Zitat von Eivind Beitrag anzeigen
    1) Attack Helicopter changed to cost 120, problem solved.

2) As I said, the stealth bomber comes really late in the game, and it is quite expensive, so a major advantage it is not, as you can only bring a certain amount of shields to a proxy war.

4) Ok, the Sun Tzu stays throughout the game.
    1) No, as I said it is not solved.

Now the Soviets have to make the jump from 60 to 120, it's even worse for them.

The NATO has to make it from 60 to 80 to 120, which is better.

Currently the jump from 60 to 120 is 300 gold for the USSR, and 220 gold for the NATO. That's almost 1/3 difference.

2) Well, any new units for the Soviets should obviously be late-game units as well. As for the shields it takes, I don't really see how that is relevant. It's still a powerful unit, and the other players have to waste at least as many shields to take it down. If we consider 2 Su-27s capable of downing 1 stealth bomber (assuming all units are veteran and the stealthbomber has at least 50% terrain defense bonus), then the USSR has to bring just as many shields to the proxy war for the purpose of downing the superunit. I know it is expensive to include such units in your lineup, but it is just as expensive for both players, not just one.

1) No, as I said, the Soviets make the jump from 60 to 100. That's 40 shield, 120 gold. NATO make it from 80 to 120. That's 40 shield, 120 gold. Ergo, it's the same for everyone, and they are equally bad off.

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von Eurisko
    Sorry, missed the fact that the Soviet Heavy Troops cost 100.

Also, two things:

1) Shouldn't Kunming be a Chinese city?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kunming

Kunming (Chinese: 昆明; pinyin: Kūnmíng; Wade-Giles: K'un-ming) is the capital of Yunnan province, China with an estimated population of 3,740,000 including 1,055,000 in the urban area. It is located at the northern edge of the large Lake Dian. Because of its year-round temperate weather, Kunming is often called the "Spring City (春城)."
    2) It seems that China and India can build all "minor" Soviet fighter planes (like the Mig-25 and Mig-29), but Brazil can only build the F-4. I think that the Brazilians should also be able to build the F-15 and the F-18.

But honestly, I don't think minors should be able to build the Mig-29 or the F-18.

So basically, you should make the Mig-29 only buildable for the USSR (historically, China did not and does not operate the Mig-29 anyway, and India operates only a very small number and did not operate them until the late 80s) and make the F-14 buildable for Brazil.

This would also make for a very interesting game in terms of superpowers competing for the favor of minor powers through arms sales.

You're wrong, Brazil acan build the Mirage III, which is quite effective. The Mig-29 was initially coined at China, when it was only China as the 'other' civ, but now India is there as well, and apparantly they bought some Mig-29s. But I'll follow your advice and make it a Soviet only aircraft.

I've lowered the stats and raised the price a bit on the Mirage, and improved the Mig-25 a bit, so it won't be too unfair that Brazil can build a special unit and India/China not.

Removed Kunming, created Colombo.
    Geändert von Eivind (18. April 2007 um 12:05 Uhr)

Released v.2.1 and opened a PBEM thread

Download v.2.1: http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...e=First_Strike
    PBEM thread: http://www.civforum.de/showthread.ph...85#post1614685

Seite 2 von 2 ErsteErste 12