Seite 1 von 46 1234511 ... LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 1 bis 15 von 683

Thema: Imperialism1870 PBEM

Smile Imperialism1870 PBEM

Ok, let me introduce myself, I’m Sergio and I’m from Spain. I’m also known has rebel and Lord rebel in the other civ forums. My German is very poor, so will always report in English, for you guys I don’t think will be a problem since, unlike Spaniards, north Europeans dominates quite well the English language. Now, rumours says that this site is a place where to find fast and reliable players, that is why I have come here to invite you to join one of my favourite scenarios; Imperialism 1870. I will take USA since I have never played them before in this scenario. I think Eurisko is interested in Russia but I’m not sure since he wanted to start later, but I can’t wait, sorry Denis.

Russia- Eurisko
    Japan-Seppi
    France-Rufus
    Germany-Atze
    USA-Me
    Britain-Civi

Now, about the rules:

-No tech exchange? I’m for it
    -No rehoming of caravans
    -Money, city and money exchange allowed? If so only by CivDip
    -No building of airbases adjacent to cities
    -No ship chaining of any kind
    -No terrain stealing to AI
    -No INCREMENTAL rush build? (You know this trick right?) I’m for this rule since it will give again more importance to city production
    -No founding of new cities, only razed ones
    -No sneak attack? i.e. give the defender a turn to prepare its defences while the attacker can only mobilize his troops during his first turn without destroying one enemy unit including boats. I’m for it
    -No war ships can cross foreign straights like Gibraltar, Suez or Panama. For example if Russia wants to free their Black Sea fleet they will have fist to capture Constantinople.
    -And the most important rule: NO RELOADING of any kind!!! (To get better combat results, to capture a city with the desirable improvements in it or until you find the most advantageous offensive…etc). Also of course no cheating using actions that are in the cheat or editor menu like changing unit stats, creating new units…I make an special emphasis to this because I have seen in the past many games ruined by cheaters, I have caught myself a few of them so I will be watching very carefully, I have a lot of experience with this game and I’m not easy fooled, if I suspect something I will call a third person to investigate, you are warned, play with honour and respect, I think the Germans have a lot of that so I don’t think it will be a problem here

Also maybe we should prohibit expansion at the expense of the Independents Nations, only by barbarian cities (and there are quite a lot). I say this because I like realism and I don’t find too realistic to see a French Spain, a German Italy or a Yankee South America.

Probably I’m forgetting a few rules now, but this is a start, tell me what you think about this rules so that we can discuss them before we start.

Btw, since I don’t have internet at home right now I always upload and download from the university, meaning that it will be always an interval of 24 hours between those two, this will delay a bit the PBEM but at least I’m a constant player.

Attached the scenario with improved graphics:

¡Hasta luego!
    Angehängte Dateien Angehängte Dateien
    Geändert von Historical Atze (05. November 2006 um 20:43 Uhr)

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von Eurisko
    Hell yes.

I'd love this one to work, and I definitely want Russia.

lolZdibolZ Avatar von Sephiroth
    I'd take Japan.

Handeln & Verhandeln Avatar von Civilionaut
    dann nehme ich England

sorry
    get britain

Oh and as I forgot: Hi Rebel, and welcome to Webring!

You perhaps know me as "Cifer Almasy" over there at Poly,
    it was me who made the statement there.

About the rules:

-No tech exchange? For it.
    -Money, city and money exchange allowed? For it.
    -No INCREMENTAL rush build? (You know this trick right?) Undecided.
    -No sneak attack? i.e. give the defender a turn to prepare its defences while the attacker can only mobilize his troops during his first turn without destroying one enemy unit including boats. For it.

Also maybe we should prohibit expansion at the expense of the Independents Nations, only by barbarian cities (and there are quite a lot). I say this because I like realism and I don’t find too realistic to see a French Spain, a German Italy or a Yankee South America. For it.

Also, will we be playing in .net or in .hot mode?

Please let me know soon so I can start the game.

Zitat Zitat von Eurisko Beitrag anzeigen
    Also, will we be playing in .net or in .hot mode?

Please let me know soon so I can start the game.
    I think we should wait, until the party is full.

about the house rules: I agree with it except for the incremental rush technique.

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von Rufus
    Hey, i want to play French but Germany would be ok, too.

Im really against INCREMENTAL rush build.
    For sneak attack except, you are allied

No turnrepeat caused on pushing a wrong button, is ist included in "And the most important rule: NO RELOADING of any kind!!!"?
    Im against it, cause: If anybody want to cheat, let him. I do not believe there a much players, who have fun to make this for a long time, or?

Zitat Zitat von Sephiroth Beitrag anzeigen
    I think we should wait, until the party is full.

about the house rules: I agree with it except for the incremental rush technique.
    I have plenty of time today, so I could start right away.

I am for .hot, actually.

Zitat Zitat von Rufus Beitrag anzeigen
    Hey, i want to play French but Germany would be ok, too.

Im really against INCREMENTAL rush build.
    For sneak attack except, you are allied

No turnrepeat caused on pushing a wrong button, is ist included in "And the most important rule: NO RELOADING of any kind!!!"?
    Im against it, cause: If anybody want to cheat, let him. I do not believe there a much players, who have fun to make this for a long time, or?
    I think you are allowed to repeat a turn if you moved a wrong unit, but not to give you an advantage.

And I think people would quit the game anyway if anybody cheated in a very obvious way. I know I would.

Anyway, welcome on board. As far as I know you are Sephiroth's brother, so taking France would be more efficient because France plays after Japan.

Zitat Zitat von Eurisko Beitrag anzeigen
    I have plenty of time today, so I could start right away.

I am for .hot, actually.

I think you are allowed to repeat a turn if you moved a wrong unit, but not to give you an advantage.

And I think people would quit the game anyway if anybody cheated in a very obvious way. I know I would.

Anyway, welcome on board. As far as I know you are Sephiroth's brother, so taking France would be more efficient because France plays after Japan.
    Though he studies at Potsdam and I live at Freiburg!

I am for .net but .hot is ok, too. I also am against this gentleman-agreement rule, as it is unrealistic imho.
    Well Denis, I wouldn't mind if you did your turn right now, but as long as we aren't complete we can't agree about the incremental rush rule. And this one matters from turn one on.
    Geändert von Sephiroth (03. November 2006 um 18:47 Uhr)

Zitat Zitat von Sephiroth Beitrag anzeigen
    Though he studies at Potsdam and I live at Freiburg!
    Oh, nevermind then.

By the way, a suggested change to the rules.txt file: Trade units should ignore ZOC.

Glad to see there is so much interest, more than I thought, we need still a German player though, so I think we shouldn't start until we have one.

Btw, what is the difference between .hot and .net files?
    And how can I edit posts? I don't want to delete it by just traying things...

Zitat Zitat von Rebelius Beitrag anzeigen
    Glad to see there is so much interest, more than I thought, we need still a German player though, so I think we shouldn't start until we have one.

Btw, what is the difference between .hot and .net files?
    And how can I edit posts? I don't want to delete it by just traying things...

If you play .hot you do have to start your turn out of the last players view. So you have to really trust anybody. But that for engineers work normal speed. .net games are more safe and comfortable but engineers work double speed.

For editing just use this button:

Seite 1 von 46 1234511 ... LetzteLetzte