Hi All -

I am in the process of building a new Cold War scenario for the Civ2 Test of Time Patch Project. This will be playable as a single player but ideally it would be played against friends. I know there used to be a very active multiplayer community here and that Eivind's First Strike was always a favorite, so I thought I'd let you know I'm developing one of my own.

My scenario will start in 1947 and will feature 5 playable civs plus 2 proxies that should be played by the USA and USSR players (so, you'd play this--even in single player mode--in "hot seat" controlling those two civs).

This scenario will feature lua scripting which will enable me to do away with many of the annoying things of former scenarios including many house rules (I can simply code away the possibility of certain issues arising). Also, I hope to make this a scenario that avoids the typical "build up for years and then have a quick 3 turn war that makes everyone quit" MP phenomenon

Please come check out the design thread and add your thoughts. If there was something you loved or hated about First Strike or Cold War Crisis, now would be a great time to speak up so I can see what I can do about it. The scenario is mostly built with the exception of the events, which I'm starting to build now, so I'm hoping to finish this "quarantine project" fairly soon.

Thanks,