Seite 17 von 21 ErsteErste ... 7131415161718192021 LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 241 bis 255 von 306

Thema: 88 naufragar ist Montezuma

Registrierter Benutzer Avatar von naufragarRB
    Tick tock, tick tock.
    Bild
    I think I can stay in the city for at least one more turn.

I'm going to sleep on it and play the turn in the morning.
    Angehängte Grafiken Angehängte Grafiken

negativ im positiven Sinn Avatar von Mitchizen
    NRW - irgendwo bei der Stadt, die es nicht gibt (is` wahr!) (Foto ©1966 paramount pictures)
    no problem (concerning the language)

My goodness, yes, maybe - 10 Axemen vs. 9 while having to leave out cavalry units; if only spearmen could suffice for that job. Only possibilty would be to get first strike with catapults, downsizing the strength of them altogether.

Iirc, catapults would make a maximum of 6 collateral damage each of them, but maybe some oft them destroyed in attack .
    Not a very lot, but ...

do they also do that (coll. damage) if your stack would be attacked?

Hopefully you could come into the best position for an attack, if he lets you ? But he maybe won`t try to let you
    Zitat Zitat von Kaiserin Uschi Beitrag anzeigen
    Ich würde auch viel länger leben, wenn ich jeden Tag ne halbe Stunde joggen würde. Allerdings verbringe ich die gewonnene Lebenszeit dann aber mit joggen. :sz:
    Achtung Spoiler:
    I`m still here .. and I tested very positively in a... in another sense ...so ... this morning, yeah ... I tested positively toward negative, right? So .. now, I tested, er, perfectly this morning https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNiqWjDAm8M -
    Zitat Zitat von BruderJakob Beitrag anzeigen
    [...]
    [guter vs. perfekter User]

The Man behind the Screen Avatar von Empirate
    Im schwärzesten Schwabenland, wo keine Sonne hinfällt
    You'll have to vacate the premises, it seems. You don't have enough Catapults to make a serious dent in that stack. One problem will be to get away from the Numidians. Has Xochicalco had its cultural expansion yet? If not, you might be caught in the open after the fall of Calixtla, losing that whole stack.

I'll give a real report later. First I have to say that I broke the rules. I had a work boat in Aspi's territory. Instead of deleting it, I gave it to him. I wasn't thinking. I've already sent him a PN asking him to delete it. (I was going to copy that PN here, but I don't have any PNs saved in my Postausgang folder??)

Zitat Zitat von naufragarRB Beitrag anzeigen
    I'll give a real report later. First I have to say that I broke the rules. I had a work boat in Aspi's territory. Instead of deleting it, I gave it to him. I wasn't thinking. I've already sent him a PN asking him to delete it.
    Good.

(I was going to copy that PN here, but I don't have any PNs saved in my Postausgang folder??)
    Writing a PM, you'll find additional options at the bottom. There you'll have to check the box "Save a copy of this message in your Sent Items folder.".

Zitat Zitat von Lord of the Civ Beitrag anzeigen
    Writing a PM, you'll find additional options at the bottom. There you'll have to check the box "Save a copy of this message in your Sent Items folder.".
    Thanks. And I'm very sorry about the unit gift.

Here's what happened this turn:

I ran several tests to see what would happen if nane attacks next turn. In most of these, the trades are favorable for me. (In one case, he almost took the city! But that only happened in one test. ) So I decided to stay in the city one more turn in order to whip a unit.

For Mitchizen: Every turn, I'm gaining more units. Since I'm the defender, I should be able to reinforce faster than nane. Here are the current armies. (Remember that some of my units aren't actually in the east.)
    Bild
    Bild

For Empi: Xochicalo has had a border pop. I plan to retreat to the tile 44 of the threatened city. The river will hopefully give some additional protection. Nane has already offered peace for the city, so he might be content to stop there. If he wants to push further, he'll have to choose North or South. If he goes North, he has to defend the pig city. If he goes South, he pushes into my reinforcements.

Again, I apologize for giving away the unit.

NRW - irgendwo bei der Stadt, die es nicht gibt (is` wahr!) (Foto ©1966 paramount pictures)
    [....]I ran several tests to see what would happen if nane attacks next turn. In most of these, the trades are favorable for me. (In one case, he almost took the city! But that only happened in one test. ) So I decided to stay in the city one more turn in order to whip a unit.

For Mitchizen: Every turn, I'm gaining more units. Since I'm the defender, I should be able to reinforce faster than nane. Here are the current armies. (Remember that some of my units aren't actually in the east.)
    [...]

- ok
    - thanks; well, that`s not to bad, indeed - I`m no expert in MPs. Possibly, I guess, if you get the possibility to attack at some time where not many units are lost, that could do it; there are some catapults promoted with "Drill I" ; which is not bad https://civ-wiki.de/wiki/Beförderungen_(Civ4)#Drill
    Ich würde auch viel länger leben, wenn ich jeden Tag ne halbe Stunde joggen würde. Allerdings verbringe ich die gewonnene Lebenszeit dann aber mit joggen. :sz:
    Achtung Spoiler:
    I`m still here .. and I tested very positively in a... in another sense ...so ... this morning, yeah ... I tested positively toward negative, right? So .. now, I tested, er, perfectly this morning https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNiqWjDAm8M -
    [...]

Elephants are very strong. I keep retreating, trying to trade land for time, although in all my sims nane wins a 1v1 battle easily.
    Bild
    Numidians and elephants are quite tough.

good luck
    Achtung Spoiler:
    [...]

I have been bad at reporting, but nane and I are just maneuvering. After the next turn, I'll post pictures.

I've asked at RB and in the tech thread here, but I'll repeat just in case: Is anyone able to cover my turns over the weekend? (Okt. 16-18) I'll post pictures with arrows, and it shouldn't be complicated. Hopefully, with how slow the game goes, I'll only miss one turn.

Sorry for the late notice, and many thanks to anyone who can cover.

Thank you, LotC, for offering to sub. Again, I'm sorry for the late notice.

Nane offered peace! (Actually he offered peace last turn but demanded 100 gold for it. Now he offered it fairly. )

So the next turn is very simple.
    Bild
    Could you move the workers (Red) to the tile marked and make them road? Then the units can move where the arrows point. That's it! We aren't whipping. The workers can take the day off.

Edit: I should explain why I moved my stack where I did. I wanted to make sure Holland saw it, so he didn't get any funny ideas.

Honestly, unless attacked, I'm probably just hitting enter for the rest of the game. Sharp-eyed readers can see that I'm losing money, but once my cities grow and lose their whip anger, I should at least break even. Here's the demographics screen, if anyone wants to feel sad:
    Bild
    I am pretty much last in Food and Hammers, but I'm above average in soldiers.

[...]
    Nane offered peace! (Actually he offered peace last turn but demanded 100 gold for it. Now he offered it fairly. )
    [...]
    Honestly, unless attacked, I'm probably just hitting enter for the rest of the game. Sharp-eyed readers can see that I'm losing money, but once my cities grow and lose their whip anger, I should at least break even. [...]
    @peace now: that`s really surprising!
    @loss: well, that`s not pretty to see, but a) as you said and b) you can build lots of huts, so that there can be some improvement until the end, if that comes.
    Who knows, maybe you will live longer than one could believe, if the others should be more rivaling against their stronger neighbors. To let them not grow stronger than they expect themselves to be capable of.
    Achtung Spoiler:
    [...]

Zitat Zitat von Mitchizen Beitrag anzeigen
    @peace now: that`s really surprising!
    I suspect Plemo has something to do with it. Plemo just finished his war in the East and now he is free to turn against nane in the West. I doubt he does this immediately, but perhaps nane didn't want to take the risk.

Yeah, sounds logical. Have a nice weekend, ok, I`m late saying this
    Achtung Spoiler:
    [...]

@LotC Thanks for offering to cover. I'm back now and can play the turn when it rolls.

Seite 17 von 21 ErsteErste ... 7131415161718192021 LetzteLetzte